Chapter 4

As I walked around aimlessly, trying to come up with a plan, the alarm of the clock rang, meaning it was already noon. I cursed under my breath and walked back to where my teammates were. When I got there, Naruto was tied up to a post while Sasuke and Sakura sat on the ground with their stomachs rumblings.

Oh right, I forgot. They didn't eat breakfast so they must be starving. Thankfully, I ate, but I am getting a little hungry...

I sat down next to Sakura and Kakashi nodded.

"Alright, now that we're all here, I have some news for you all. I decided I wouldn't send any of you back to the Academy," Kakashi announced and Naruto grinned from ear to ear.

"I passed? All I did was faint and fall over. Do you get points for that?" Sakura asked, but started cheering and jumping up and down.

I smiled brightly. I couldn't help but be happy. This was the beginning of my dream, and I couldn't be more excited. Sasuke gave a minuscule smile and made his famous "hm" sound.

"So that means all four of us-" Naruto began but Kakashi interrupted.

"Yes. All of you are being dropped from the program. Permanently," Kakashi informed us with a closed eyed smile. This made everyone quite down and out smiles fade. I looked down feeling genuinely confused.

"What do you mean, kick us out? That means we can never become ninja! You said if we didn't get the bells, we'd be sent back to the Academy. You can't just change your mind and kick us out! Why would you do that?!" Naruto yelled, kicking his feet back and forth like a kid throwing a tantrum.

"You don't think like ninja. You think like little kids- like brats," Kakashi replied coldly. With that, Sasuke growled in anger and charged at Kakashi with the intention of hurting him.

"Sasuke!" Sakura yelled dramatically.

"Don't! He's no match for us, or you either!" I yelled and shook my head when Kakashi had Sasuke below is feet.

"You think it's all about you," Kakashi sneered towards Sasuke.

"Let go of Sasuke! You can't step on him like he's a bug!" Sakura screamed. I sighed heavily, a lot of negative emotions flooding through me.

"You don't know what it means to be a ninja. You think this is just a game. Why do you think you're put on squads? Did you consider that question for one moment?" Kakashi asked. I opened my mouth to respond, but Sakura beat me to it.

"Uh, I don't know what you mean?"

"I mean, you never realized what this exercise is all about. Not even close," Kakashi continued. Again, I tried speaking, but Naruto did first.

"What it's about?" he asked.

"Yes, that's what determines whether you pass or fail."

"Well, that's what I've been trying to ask you from the beginning," Sakura countered. I started getting aggravated as I knew the answer, but no one would let me speak.

"Use your head. Four people on a squad. Why do you think we would do that?" Kakashi asked. I opened my mouth, again, but Naruto yelled.

"Ahh!! How are we supposed to know why you put four people on a squad?! We didn't make the rules!" Naruto screamed, but before Kakashi could continue, I finally spoke.

"Will you let me speak?!" I yelled, which made everyone stare at me. With everyone staring at me because of my outburst, I wasn't so loud and mad this time. "Teamwork. We are put on squads to work together," I mumbled and Kakashi sighed.

"Thank you, finally! It's too late now, but if all three of you had tried to take them, maybe  you would've been able to get one," Kakashi said and everyone stared at me.