Chapter 19

Tomoe, Jing and I ran into the forest and jumped through the trees. Suddenly, I felt chakra nearby. I stopped jumping and told my teammates to stop as well.

"There's someone nearby. We have to be quiet. I'm going to conceal my chakra just in case. Let's go," I told them and they nodded. I activated my Hoshigan and looked around. When we were close enough that we could see the ninja without my Hoshigan, I stopped. It was a group of Hidden Rain Shinobi.

"Alright, we know where they are, but they don't know where we are, so let's plot an attack. I'm going to create a levitating platform and float above them. You two will create a combined attack. First, Tomoe, trap them in an illusion to make sure they can't escape. Then, use your fire style and Jing's wind style to create an enhanced attack. If we need to do more, I'll finish them with some star shuriken. Sound like a plan?" I said and they nodded.

"Star Style: Levitating Platform!" I whispered and created the crystal platform. I hopped on and distanced myself. Then, Tomoe created his genjutsu. Finally, they did their combined attack. When the smoke cleared, the three ninja were no longer there. I furrowed my eyebrows and activated my Hoshigan.

Where are they...let's see...north...west...south!

I flew over to Tomoe and Jing. I created platforms for them, but before we could fly, they appeared in front of us. They had umbrellas that spinned.

"What kind of weak attack was that? But, I must say, I am impressed since you three are mere rookies," she hissed and I scowled. She threw three umbrellas in the air and made hand signs.

"Ninja Art: Senbon Rainstorm!"

The three umbrellas started spinning and needles shot out of them. My eyes widened as I remembered fighting Haku who almost killed Sasuke. My hair released itself from its buns and shielded us from the needles. I didn't need a replay of the time on the bridge. I was stronger now and was going to do everything in my power to survive and make sure my comrades are safe.

Once the needles stopped, she glared at me. Her two other teammates jumped in and repeated the same attack, but at all angles. This was the time to show off that barrier I had been practicing.

"Star Style: Crystal Barrier!" I yelled and put my hands to the ground. A light blue dome shot up from the ground and shielded us from the attack. Since it was crystal, we could still see our enemies. Once the attack ended, I let the dome go back, but luckily, Tomoe was quick. While we were in the dome, he created another illusion. While the dome opened, we jumped out while illusions of ourselves stayed. We watched our enemies repeat the same attack, but this time catch us.

While they approached our "bodies", I created star shuriken and they penetrated their backs. When we went down to check their pulse, we found the three were alive, but unconscious. I removed the shuriken and closed their wounds. Then I looked through their pouches and pockets. I smirked as I pulled out an Earth Scroll.

"We've hit the jackpot," I told the guys and they smirked.

"Nice. Let's get going," Tomoe commanded and Jing and I nodded. While we were hopping through trees, there was an explosion nearby. I stopped jumping and furrowed my eyebrows. The others stopped too.

"Guys, I'm going to go check that out. Take the scrolls and hide. Tomoe, create an illusion around you so no one gets near you. Jing, sense out any chakra that isn't mine and eliminate them if they get too close. I'll be back soon," I told them, handed them the scrolls and jumped away. Tomoe tried protesting, but I had already left.

I activated my Hoshigan and looked around. I saw three people that were all familiar. My eyes widened and I stopped at a branch. Sakura. Sasuke. And that creepy Grass Ninja from earlier. Where was Naruto? I used my Hoshigan to try and find his chakra. Thankfully, I did, but he was inside a snake. I closed my eyes in order to concentrate on creating a star shuriken that went after the snake's chakra. I opened my eyes once I clearly sensed its chakra and created the jutsu. However, before it reached it, I saw Naruto's chakra appear all over the snake, making it explode. Since it died, the star shuriken just fell to the ground.