Chapter 13

I walked back home as I thought about Sasuke.

How could have I had fallen for that jerk? Why would he kiss me and disappear? Why did I have to fall for him, the guy every girl is after?! Why did he break my heart...?

Tears welled in my eyes as I walked past the Uchiha residence towards the Hamasaki residence. I walked into my apartment and slumped down onto my couch.

Idiot, idiot, idiot. Sasuke's an idiot...he's stupid and a jerk.

As I finished muttering profanities to myself, I stood up from the couch and made dinner. I made rice and fish. Once I finished eating, I went straight to bed.

-Time Skip to the next morning-

When I woke up, I blushed at the thought that I had lost my first kiss to Sasuke, but then I frowned when he abandoned me. I sighed as I got out of bed and fulfilled my morning necessities. I ate leftovers from last night for breakfast and went outside. I didn't realize what time it was, as I was almost late. My slow walk became a sprint as I made my way to the bridge we usually meet up at.

Kakashi was late, as usual, and I sighed. I greeted Sakura and Naruto with a shy wave. I completely ignored Sasuke, but I felt his eyes glued to my back like daggers. After greeting me, Naruto started glaring at Sasuke, and he glared back. I exhaled deeply in annoyance. I was in a foul mood and didn't feel like dealing with their rivalry. Sakura felt the same way as she was growling and muttering insults at Naruto and Kakashi-sensei for being late under her breath. After sitting on a bench waiting patiently for more than an hour, he arrived. I felt his presence and my eyes opened.

"Hey guys, good morning. Sorry I'm late, I got lost on the path of life," he greeted with a lazy look on his face and a wave. I laughed a sarcastic laugh under my breath as Naruto and Sakura growled and yelled, "WHAAAA?"

After a conversation between Naruto and Kakashi about having a "real mission" we started our usual D-ranked ones. We started pulling weeds from an old lady's home and I slowly, but efficiently, pulled them. Naruto, on the other hand, was pulling every plant in sight until there were none left. He smiled bashfully and I sweat-dropped.

He pulled out the lady's herbs...

The lady beat Naruto to a pulp after yelling at him for pulling all of her "special herbs." I had taken a look at a few, and they were nothing special. They weren't medicinal herbs, but plain ones to eat. Afterwards, we started picking up trash in the river. Naruto, with his black eye from the lady, fell into the stream. He couldn't swim his way back, and my eyes widened as he fell down the waterfall.

"Star Style: Levitating Platform!" I yelled and a star-shaped platform that was floating appeared next to me. I hopped on and went to go rescue Naruto, but Sasuke beat me to it. He tied a rope to a tree and was holding Naruto by his foot.

"You're such a loser," he insulted, making Naruto growl. I glared at him.

"Don't call your teammate a loser, you arrogant brat," I insulted, losing my cool that I had been able to maintain for a few hours. I grabbed Naruto and let him stand on my platform. We floated away, leaving Sasuke to climb up his pathetic rope up to safety.

Finally, our last mission was to walk a few dogs. Of course, Naruto had to choose the the biggest one and was getting dragged around by the dog.

"What a loser," Sasuke muttered and I glared daggers at him.

Sakura sighed heavily. "Of course, he just has to choose the biggest dog!"