Chapter 29

"The only one to eliminate him...is me!" he yelled.

My eyes widened and I looked over at him. Flashbacks of when we first met appeared in my head. "I will restore my clan and defeat a certain someone." Is this the person he wanted to defeat? I watched as Itachi turned around to face Sasuke's slouching, tired figure uninterestingly.

"Go away. You don't interest me at the moment," Itachi replied monotonously, which angered Sasuke. He cracked his knuckles and his hands formed into fists.

"Well, get interested!" he yelled and charged at him, but Itachi retaliated by kicking Sasuke, his back landing harshly against a wall. My eyes widened.

"Sasuke, no!" Naruto yelled and I looked back at him, his face painted with a worried expression. I looked back at Sasuke, my eyebrows knitted  together in concern.

"Sasuke, are you okay?" I asked and he slouched down on the wall. This angered me, because Itachi caused this. My hands became fists and my hair unleashed wildly. Naruto seemed to have the same feelings as we both started charging at the same time, while he screamed;

"You lousy bastard!"

This made Sasuke lift his head, one eye closed. "Naruto, Hotaru, no! Don't butt in! Mind your own business!" he yelled, which made us both stop. I looked down, a confused expression on my face.

"But...you're hurt," I tried reasoning, but he ignored me. He used an arm to hoist himself up and support his weak figure.

"I told you before...I've lived my whole life for this day...this moment...this fight is mine!" he screamed, his Sharingan activated. I looked down, my confused expression was now mixed with disappointment and sadness. My fists unclenched and my hair was lowered again. I stepped back a few steps so I stood beside Jiraiya.

Sasuke started yelling a battle cry and charged once again at his brother. He went to punch him in the face, but Itachi blocked him with his arm and used his knee to jab into his face. Sasuke was flung back towards the wall from earlier and coughed up blood. My eyes widened and I yelled out to him.

"Sasuke!" I cried out, and Naruto whispered the same call. I turned to see his expression overwhelmed in fear. I looked back at Sasuke when I heard him grunt.

"Not...finished..." he breathed out, and my eyes widened. He shakily tried lifting his bruised hand, but was too weak to do it. "This fight is mine," he repeated and anger swirled inside me. Why did he keep insisting to fight him when he was clearly no match for him? Why is he risking himself like an idiot!

"So be it," Itachi told him, which made Jiraiya, Naruto, and my eyes widen. Jiraiya wanted to run over to him, but shark man held up his sword in his face.

"You heard him, old man. This fight is none of our business. Let's let the two of them sort it out," he sneered evilly. Tears filled my eyes and shook my head rapidly.

"He's going to die!" I yelled out and went to go run over to him, but blue man swung his sword at my stomach, sending me flying towards a wall and absorbing some of my chakra. I coughed up some blood, but was able to remain conscious. I looked over at Itachi who slowly started walking towards Sasuke. He abruptly stood up, his fist aimed at his face, but Itachi immediately kneed him in the stomach, elbowed him in the neck, and kneed him again in the chest before punching him against the wall in the stomach. He coughed up a large amount of blood and was probably in a lot of pain. This made my eyes water and motivate me to slowly stand up.

This action, however, was stopped when I felt someone scoop me up in their arms. I slowly moved my head to see blue hair.

"Don't try to move. Your chakra is almost fully depleted and keeping your Hoshigan activated isn't going to help either. Neither is the fact that your stomach is cut up and bleeding," Michi said, making my eyebrows furrow. I looked down at my stomach to see it chopped up and bleeding a lot, probably since my stomach is exposed in my outfit and I got a direct hit there.