Chapter 23

-time skip to around a month later-
I woke up, stretched, and bolted up when I realized what day it was. Today was the day the third part of the Chunin Exams would take place. I jumped out of bed, ran to the bathroom, fulfilled my morning necessities, and changed into my clothes. I checked the time, 8 am. I ran downstairs to see Michi already making breakfast.

"Good morning, Michi san!" I greeted and helped set the table. Once I was done, the food was finished and she brought it to the table. We were going to eat rice mixed with different types of meat to make sure I got a lot of protein. It also had vegetables mixed it. We drank fruit smoothies which I made and then we were off. Michi was going to sit with the crowd and was going to use a Transformation Jutsu since most people knew she was a Sannin.

I ran into the coliseum where they would hold the third part of the Chunin Exams. I stood next to Shikamaru Nara, Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, Shino Aburame, and Neji Hyuga. There were quite a few people missing, like Naruto, Sasuke, my opponent, whom I don't know yet, and two other random people I don't know. One I believe was a Sound Village ninja, but I don't know for sure.

"Where are Naruto and Sasuke?" I muttered and Shikamaru shrugged.

"Dunno. My opponent, Dosu, isn't here either. I don't think yours or Temari's are here either," he replied and I nodded.

"Weird. Hopefully they get here on time, or at least in time to fight their matches," I mumbled and faced forward. Suddenly, a flash of orange flew into the room and crashed onto the ground. I raised an eyebrow at the blonde who stood up and started rambling about a stampede of Bulls or something.

"Please, stand up straight for the viewers," one of the proctors scolded Naruto. I looked up seriously at the cheering crowd.

I was ready for this exam, and there was no way I was losing. Besides Star Clones and my summoning, Momo, Michi also taught me how to create Star Gloves; a thick crystal block around my hand that made my punches a lot harder. Apparently I could make entire armor out of crystal, but I needed a lot of chakra, which I needed to work on. Stamina wasn't a problem for me, but I could definitely improve.

The Hokage started greeting us and the audience, and I tuned out of what everyone said until our new proctor, Genma, informed us that the matches had changed a little bit. Apparently, Naruto was to fight Neji, me against Raiden Saito, Sasuke against Gaara, Shino against Kankuro and finally Shikamaru vs Temari, all in that order.

I was confused as to why that Dosu guy quit, but I saw Gaara smirking. My eyes widened. He didn't...do something to him, did he? I blinked, shook my head, and faced forward.

"Alright, the first match will begin with Naruto Uzumaki against Neji Hyuga. The two of you will stay, while the others will be in the waiting room," Genma said and everyone, excluding the two said opponents, went to the waiting room. I watched eagerly from the balcony to see how Naruto's match unfolded. The logical winner was Neji since he is a prodigy with the Byakugan, but I always root for the underdog. Plus, Naruto's my teammate.

"Hey, Shikamaru. Wanna make a bet on who's going to win? I bet on Naruto," I offered and Shikamaru smirked.

"Easy win," he replied cockily and we both placed 500 Ryo on a table. The winner would gain all of the money placed. I turned forward as Genma started the match.

For the first two minutes, it was quiet, and neither of them moved. Neji shuffled forward two or three steps and Naruto, being as impulsive as he is, ran forward towards Neji. I almost face palmed.

Naruto, the Hyuga's specialty is the Gentle Fist. They use their Byakugan to locate chakra points and hit them using the Gentle Fist, a close range attack. It would be more effective to use a long range attack, but you don't know any Jutsus of the sort, do you?