Chapter 32

I packed up all my sets of clothes and weapons. I also decided to bring along some books about my clan so I could learn more jutsu. At midnight, I walked out of my home and sneaked around the village. I jumped through the trees lined along the path that leads to the exit of the village. While I jumped, I sensed two familiar people. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, hid in the trees, and watched from above.

"Sasuke, I love you so much it hurts, and I can't live without you! Please, don't leave me! And if I can't make you stay, take me with you!" Sakura sobbed and my eyes widened immensely. Sasuke appeared behind her.

"Sakura, thank you. For everything," he said and knocked her out. He laid her unconscious body on the bench nearby and continued walking. I jumped down and appeared beside him. He scowled.

"Another person to stop me, huh?" he growled. I scoffed.

"Not quite. I didn't even know you were going to leave the village. I myself am leaving, those four guys attacked me and told me to go with them. I agreed," I clarified and he only grunted.

"Whatever."

We walked together the rest of the way up until the gate. Throughout the walk, one thing went through my mind. I have to get over him. That little encounter with Sakura affected me too much. I have to get over him now if I want to accomplish my goal. I know it's going to take long, but I'm willing to sacrifice all my feelings even if kills me.

We met up with the Sound Ninja Four and I took a last look at the village. I slipped off my Chunin jacket and dropped it on the floor, marking the end of my affiliation with the Leaf. We started jumping quickly through the trees to get as far as we could. After a while, we stopped in a clearing.

"Before we can go any further, I'm afraid you're going to have to die just this once," twin head said. I still couldn't remember his or multi-arms names, so I decided to stick with the nicknames. My eyes widened at his statement.

"What do you mean, I have to die once?" I asked.

"You will have to take one of these awakening pills," he chuckled evilly.

"What's it for?" Sasuke asked. "Awakening what?"

"The mark on your shoulder is only a first state curse mark. But those pills will stimulate and magnify its power, making a level 2," Tayuya, formerly known as the bitch, explained.

"One problem, strengthening the curse mark will also increase its effects on your body. Such a rapid change would kill you at once. And so, to ensure you survive the transition to the second state, we must give your body time to get accustomed to it, several hours, at least. After that, once the transition is complete, your power may even be equal to ours. Unfortunately, the fact remains that even with all these preparations, you'll still have to die," twin head explained while holding the little bottle filled with red pills.

"What's the point of taking these pills if I'm going to die?" I asked annoyingly.

"Not to worry, why do you think my friends and I are here?" he continued. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, I don't know, lead us to this secret hideout we don't know the location of?" I asked sarcastically, but twin head only rolled his eyes. He opened the little bottle and gave us each a pill.

"We'll cast a barrier ninjutsu to lessen the effects of the transition. Instead of dying, you'll only be suspended in a state of half death for a while. By the way, only one of you can take it at a time or else one of you will die," he warned. I looked over at Sasuke who gulped. I sighed and looked down.

"Alright, I'll go first. If you guys don't save me, I will haunt you till your death," I threatened and swallowed the small pill.

At first, nothing happened. I felt like I normally do, but within a few seconds, the effects started kicking in. I clutched my chest and fell to my knees. I coughed heavily at the pain while the Sound Ninja Four started making hand signs and yelling things I couldn't pay attention to. I felt Jirobo (fat guy) lift me up and place me in this crate of some sorts. Purple clouds filled the sky from their hands and came into the crates.