Chapter 28

I ran over to the entrance gates and looked over to Kotetsu and Izumo. They were both asleep, so I shrugged and walked out to find Michi. My walk became a run and soon enough I found three people from a distance. I noticed blue hair right away, along with blonde and white hair beside her. I concealed my chakra and jumped into the trees to try to scare them.

Right when I was above them, they all disappeared. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as to where they went, but my thoughts were clouded when someone appeared behind me and held a kunai against my neck.

"Who are you and why are you spying on us?" a man's voice asked. I squeezed my eyes shut and gulped in fear.

"M-my name is H-Hotaru Hamasaki," I breathed out.

"Hamasaki?" the man asked confused and put down the kunai. He grabbed me by the waist and jumped down from the trees. I screamed and kicked around for the strange man to let go. Finally, he dropped me.

I turned to face him for the first time. He had long, spiky white hair, had a green shirt and pants, and a red vest thing. He also wore a weird forehead protector, a giant scroll on his back, and these strange sandals that weren't like our traditional ones. Finally, he had a wart near his nose and red tattoo lines under his eyes. I blinked a few times.

After a few seconds though, two people jumped down next to me.

"Hotaru?!" two voices asked surprised. I turned around and my eyes widened to see Naruto and Michi.

"I told you to stay at home in the village, so what are you doing here?" Michi scolded and I smiled sheepishly.

"Well, you see, uh...well, how am I supposed to train without you? I mean, Momo is there, but it isn't enough. Plus, I haven't trained in weeks since my injury. I need to work on my abilities again," I explained, scratching the back of my head nervously. She sighed heavily and shook her head.

"Hotaru, we already went through this and you agreed to stay home. Now go back to the village," Michi began, but the man who held a kunai against my neck earlier interrupted her.

"I think we should let her stay. You should help her training and we're already far from the village. Even if you do send her back, what guarantee do we have that she'll actually go and not trail us from behind?" he said and my eyes widened. I looked over to Michi hopefully who sighed again.

"Fine, you can stay," she said and I grinned from ear to ear.

"Yes!" I cheered, stood up, and hugged Michi. Then I turned to the man. "And who is he?" I asked rather angrily.

"I am Jiraiya the Toad Sage, one of the Legendary Sannin like Michi here," he explained proudly and made a funny pose.

"Cool, now I know three out of the four Sannin. Are we going to meet the last one?" I asked Michi eagerly. This made Jiraiya furrow his eyebrows.

"Wait, you met Tsunade already?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. Sadly, I met Orochimaru..." I mumbled and his eyes widened.

"How? When? Was it during the attack?" he asked all at once.

"I met him during the Chunin Exams. He was transformed as a Grass Ninja and was participating in the exams. He fought against me, Naruto, and the rest of our team. He gave me a curse mark, and he did the same to Sasuke," I explained and he looked over at Michi.

"Why didn't you tell me this? You know what happened the last time, and you still kept it a secret. Kakashi told me about Sasuke, but you never told me about this girl," he scolded and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Michi looked down guiltily.