Chapter 30

The next morning when I woke up, I went to the bathroom to admire my face. I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning, and that was evident by my pale face. I had tear stained cheeks and bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. I washed my face, but the tiredness in my eyes wouldn't go away. I sighed heavily and left to the training grounds, not bothering to eat anything.

When I got to the training grounds, I activated my Hoshigan and started training. Before the fight with Itachi and Kisame, I had seen Lightning Chakra mixed in with my water chakra, so I decided to create a Jutsu similar to chidori, only it uses water as well.

To start off, I created a bubble of water in my hand. Then, I created a ball of lightning in my other hand. It wasn't like chidori because it was very small and wasn't very powerful. Plus, the lighting was in a little ball, unlike chidori that was wild and packed with chakra. I used enough chakra that it could cause damage, but not so much that I would deplete my chakra quickly.

I would put the two together and at first, I wasn't able to contain the two, but as of late, I have been able to keep them together for a few seconds. Today, when I put my hands together, the two natures mixed and I slammed it into a tree. It electrocuted it, but this time with more force due to the water. It also created a large hole in the tree.

I stood back and slightly smiled, proud of my new Jutsu. I furrowed my eyebrows. What would I call it?

"An electric storm," I heard someone chuckle from behind me. I turned, my fists up ready for combat. When I saw Jiraiya, I lowered my guard.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?" I asked angrily and Jiraiya only sighed.

"I came to check on you, kid. You seem to be training ruthlessly and you look like you haven't gotten enough rest. Want to go grab a bite?" he explained and I looked down. I was about to decline his offer until I remembered something. Orochimaru...what was it that he did to my mother?

"Alright, but it has to be sushi and you have to pay," I told him and he chuckled.

"Alright, fine."

With that, we were on our way to Konoha's best sushi shop. Once we arrived, we ordered our choice of food and waited.

"Jiraiya, I have a question," I began, which made him look up at me in interest.

"What is it?"

"When we started the trip, you and Michi were saying something about my mother and Orochimaru. What did he do to her?" I asked and he sighed heavily.

"I was hoping Michi would tell you this, but now that she's gone, I have no other choice, do I? Well, Orochimaru was kind of like a sensei to her. He trained her to be strong along with many other children. When he became rogue, he took many of his disciples and implanted the curse mark into all of them. It was in its early stages at the time, and many died from it.

"Your mother was among the sole survivors, but she was extremely unstable, both physically and mentally. That's around the time her mother died and Michi started taking care of her. She kept the curse mark a secret and tried to take care of the situation by herself, but everything broke loose when your mother was on a mission.

"She had a mission to fight a few ninja from other villages as we were in the middle of the Third Ninja War. During her battle, she completely depleted her chakra. However, her curse mark activated and she even evolved to the second stage. She went on a killing rampage and many lost their lives. She was contained for around a week before Michi created a sealing Jutsu specifically for her. Your mother was very close to a boy her age of your clan and Michi taught him the sealing Jutsu to suppress the curse mark.