Chapter 26

A/N: That is my drawing of Hotaru in her new outfit, and I hope you like it! It's pretty awful as I'm not the best at drawing, but I'm proud of it ^_^ This drawing belongs to ME and cannot be distributed by others. I was thinking about scanning it and making a digital version. Comment what you think! If any of you guys are better artists, know how to draw it on the computer, and of course want to draw Hotaru, please PM me so I can add it to the story and possibly make it the cover!

Now onto the story!

As we ran through the forest and passed through thick trees, a booming sound was heard. I furrowed my eyebrows and activated my Hoshigan. My eyes widened as I saw an explosion.

"They're trip-wire traps, and they aren't making Sasuke's job easy for him," Pakkun explained and I nodded.

"You don't think he, you know..." Sakura began to ask, a sad expression on her face.

"Oh, don't worry about Sasuke, he'll be fine," Naruto reassured and I slightly smiled. Naruto trusted Sasuke, he always has. I used my heightened vision to look for Sasuke and I saw him running again. I closed my eyes and sighed in reassurance.

"Naruto's right. For now, he's fine," I told the group and Naruto grinned. We continued chasing Sasuke for a while, until Pakkun informed us that he stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows. Did he catch up to Gaara already?

Pakkun suddenly stopped. "Wait, this scent, I can't believe I didn't notice it before," he said and I blinked in confusion. What's going on? Are we being trailed or something?

"Sakura, did you know we use the same shampoo, Minty Rainforest Mist, with extra body? But why does my coat look glossier than yours?" he declared and Sakura paled.

"Knock it off, we don't have time to talk about hair products!" Naruto yelled, scolding the little ninja hound. I looked over to Sakura who started mumbling something.

"I smell like a dog, I smell like a dog, I smell like a dog," she repeated and Naruto huffed in frustration.

"Look what you've done!" he whined and went over to comfort her. I had the urge to burst into a fit of laughter, but an image of Sasuke appeared in my head, snapping me out of my previous thoughts. Seriousness overcame my expression and I followed after the two.

"Hey, wait for me. You're not going anywhere without me," Pakkun said from behind and I smirked.

Actually, with my eyesight, we don't need you at all, but I'm not rude. You are kind of useful, you can detect things from farther away.

We heard another explosion, but this time it was smaller, and Sasuke
was on the move again. We continued following him, and I was surprised when Pakkun told us 5 scents had stopped. This made me very confused.

"Five? That means someone else was following them too and caught up to them first. Damn!" I cursed under my breath and Pakkun stopped moving.

"Sasuke and two others have started moving again, but two have stayed and aren't moving. I smell that they're about to fight. I suggest we detour around them so we don't get caught in their battle, even if it wastes some time," he suggested and I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Upon doing this, I realized I had let my hair down again. Before Team 7, I never had my hair down. All of a sudden, it always is.

My thoughts were interrupted by Naruto's yelling. "We don't have time to waste time, we should go through them to get to Sasuke!" I shook my head.

"Naruto, we can't do that. What if we get caught in battle just because we go straight? We'd be wasting even more time, so going around would be for the best," I explained and Naruto huffed. I sighed as well and we started jumping around the area were the fighting was taking place. As we were running, I sensed a huge amount of dark, ominous chakra full of blood lust.