Chapter 12

I fell asleep shortly after the four left, since I was still exhausted from the blood loss. When I woke up, it was around 5 o'clock because one of the nurses was checking up on me and gave me food. Since I wasn't that tired anymore, I decided to get up and walk around the hospital for a while. One of the nurses tried rushing me back to my room, but my stubborn self refused and kept walking around aimlessly.

At one point, I got lost since I hadn't been here many times before. I ended up on the first floor, while my room was on the third. I entered an elevator and, to my surprise, someone I knew was there.

"Sasuke? What are you doing here?" I asked as I entered the elevator. He raised an eyebrow.

"I should be asking you the same thing. What are you doing out of your room?"

"Well, I got bored, so I decided to walk around," I muttered, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly. "Anyways, answer my question."

"I brought you a book since I thought you were going to be bored. It seems I was right," he replied with a small smirk. I gave off a small, sheepish smile as the elevator door opened. We walked together to my room, which he led me to since I didn't know where it was.

I went back into bed, and the same nurse from earlier quickly hooked me back to the IV. Sasuke handed me the book. I looked at the cover and slightly smiled. It was the latest book from a girl manga series that was very popular as of late.

"Thanks. Now I won't be leaving my room," I replied with a small closed eyed smile. We sat in silence for a while, until he sighed heavily.

"Hotaru-"

"I wanted to thank you for coming, it's nice to have people visit me. It's something you don't have to do, but do it anyway. Anyways, you were saying?" I interrupted.

"Well...remember when we fought, the day before we became official Genin?"

"Yeah I remember. I failed miserably, and Kakashi-sensei had to save me," I responded with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"Well, he didn't save you. He only stopped us," he said, startling me slightly.

"What? But, he stopped the fireball that was coming at me. If he wasn't there, it would've killed me," I replied.

"No, he didn't stop it. You did".

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You're saying that I stopped the fireball by myself."

"Yes."

"But how?"

"Your hair absorbed it, and that's when Kakashi-sensei appeared."

My eyes widened. I couldn't reply due to how baffled I was. Is that why I was dizzy when Kakashi sensei stopped us, because my hair absorbed the Jutsu?

"That's...impossible."

Sasuke frowned, tsked and stood up abruptly.

"Stop denying yourself to make me feel more defeated. You know you absorbed it. I'm leaving," he almost yelled and I gave him a confused and angry look.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I'm asking whether it's the truth or not, that's all."

"Well it is! And you beat me," he yelled and left the room. I was left with an angry expression and a book thrown at the door.

"Take your stupid book while you're at it!" I screamed and he barged back into the room, snatched the book from the floor, and left again. Once he left, I cursed at myself.