Chapter 33

A/N: LAST CHAPTER GUYS!!! There will be an epilogue, but that's it for this book!! I will start the sequel soon, and I'm looking forward to it! It will take place during Shippuden time. Anyways, onto the story!

"Sasuke, we're at the border of the Land of Fire. Before we give up our lives to power, I need to confess something..."

He looked up at me, an emotionless expression on his face. He didn't say anything, but he was listening, so I kept going.

"To be completely honest, I don't feel much right now. I mean, after I got into that crate, I...stopped feeling. But before, I was full of emotions. And I loved you," I confessed, but then laughed softly.

"It sounds dumb when I say it out loud, but it was how I felt. Now, I'm willing to throw away that love for revenge," I continued. I looked over at Sasuke to see if he would respond. He opened his mouth to say something, but immediately closed it.

"Hm, it seems you were a fangirl like the other girls, huh," he remarked and I only chuckled lightly.

"Seems so," I mumbled.

"But...I'll admit something. I felt the same way, even if I didn't want to. I felt things so strong that I knew they were going to be a distraction. I'm now resolved to not let those feelings stop my goal, and I'm relieved you've done the same," Sasuke continued with a stoic expression. I slightly blushed and looked down. I wonder what would've happened if we confessed before all of this...oh well, it's too late now.

"If we lived in an alternate universe where we didn't suffer, do you think we would've been together?" I asked softly. He shook his head.

"I don't think so. Our pain is what brought us closer. We truly understood each other and that's why we liked being around each other. It's ironic because what brought us together led to our demise," he replied with a small smirk. I looked down.

I guess this is it then. Maybe that was all we were meant for; to accompany each other and accomplish our goals. I'm not entirely sure though. I loved him for something else, I know that. I felt it at Tazuna's place, but what in the world was it? At this point, I can't even remember. At least he remembers why he felt what he felt. This all getting to my head and I have to forget about it anyways. Well, I hope there's a next life...

I only sighed and we continued walking. Once we crossed the border, we met up with Kabuto who greeted us with a wide smirk. So this is where it all starts...Michi, I hope you're watching me avenge your death...I know you probably didn't want this, but I need to do this, for you and mom...