Chapter 8

Once everyone was gone, Sasuke sat down next to me. I held my head since it was throbbing and I winced.

"Maybe I won't leave after all..." I mumbled and Sasuke chuckled. He pulled me close to him so I was resting on his chest again. I questioned it, but didn't move away. After a while I heard the door slide open and I opened my eyes, it was Kakashi sensei.

"Fixed your disagreement already, that was quick..." he muttered and Sasuke tsked. "What's wrong with Hotaru, she doesn't look too great?"

"She has a fever," Sasuke responded and I felt a hand on my forehead. It was so cold compared to my head, and yet my whole body was freezing. I really am sick...

"I'll go get a wet towel and bowl with water and some blankets. After that, we have to leave to train. Tsunami will take care of her," Kakashi told Sasuke and he nodded. Kakashi left the room and I looked up at Sasuke.

"I don't want to stay here," I grumbled and pouted. Sasuke smirked and slightly laughed. This made me smile and I snuggled closer to him.

After a little while, Kakashi sensei returned. Sasuke laid me down on my futon and then got up to eat breakfast.

"Wait," my dry, sore throat managed to make a sound.

"I'll be back, dobe," he said without turning around and left. Kakashi placed a wet towel on my forehead.

"We're going to leave to the forest, Tsunami is going to take care of you. If you feel better, you can go there with us, okay, Hotaru?" he asked and I nodded. After around 10 minutes, Tsunami came in with some hot tea and changed my towel. I thanked her and drank my tea, which was a relief to my throat. I fell asleep once I finished. I woke up around half an hour later because the woman was changing my towel once again.

"Hotaru, how are you feeling?" she asked.

"Better, thank you, but I'm a bit hungry," I replied and she gasped.

"That's right, you haven't eaten since last night; and you didn't even finish your food! I'll bring you something right away," she said and I thanked her again. She brought me some stew and I ate it contently, my stomach feeling much better. I decided to sleep again, and at around noon, I decided I was good to go.

I stood up, thanked Tsunami and apologized for being a burden, then left to the woods. Once I got there, I chuckled at the sight. They were trying to climb trees with only their feet, an important lesson about chakra control. I greeted Kakashi-sensei and he explained what we had to do. I looked over to my comrades; Sakura was at the top of a tree and then there were Sasuke and Naruto. They were on the ground panting in front of two trees. The trees had multiple markings made by kunais. That's the height they had made it to.

"Come on guys, you can do better," I teased and the two glared. When Naruto realized I was back, he grinned, but frowned once again.

"You should try it before you judge us!" he yelled and I smirked. "Fine."

I walked over to one of the trees and calmly made my way up, all the way to the top. Naruto was wide eyed and pouted. I waved at them from below and at Sakura who was on the tree next to me.

"Want to get down?" I asked and she nodded. We walked down and the boys were trying to go up again, and again, and again, but then failed to get up to the top. Naruto concentrated little chakra to his feet, while Sasuke concentrated too much chakra. I got bored so I decided to roam around and pick some medicinal herbs, they were plentiful in this forest.

Once I got back, Sakura and Kakashi had left. Naruto and Sasuke were arguing about something.

"Hey guys," I greeted, interrupting their argument. "What's up?" I asked and Naruto grinned mischievously.

"He's mad 'cause Sakura gave me tips on how to control my chakra better and I won't tell him," he cackled and I raised an eyebrow. Sasuke scoffed and turned the other way.

"Not that I need any tips, I'm doing just fine on my own, hn," he said and I laughed.

"If you want, I'll give you some tips," I told Sasuke after Naruto started training again. He nodded and I smirked. "Well, in your case, you concentrate too much chakra, so you have to..." I explained what he should do and he nodded.

"Thank you," he said and tried going up the tree again. He was already doing better, so I decided to leave them. I started walking in the direction of the house, but along the way I got dizzy and decided to rest. My head had started hurting after climbing the tree, but now it's throbbing. I held my head in my hands and tried to fight off the pain. I felt my eyelids grow heavy, and again, I fell asleep.