School

And if you want to be the teacher's pet,
Baby, you just better forget it.
Rock got no reason, rock got no rhyme.
You better get me to school on time.
And if you want to be the teacher's pet,
Baby, you just better forget it.
~School of Rock~

...September 10, 2010...

After having a fun celebration for my first crime, we went to sleep because we were all exhausted from the day. A few days later, morning arrives and I sleep in like I normally do because I don't really have anything to do. I sit up and my belly growls. "Hungry..." I lazily get dressed and head downstairs in search of food.

"Princess, you're finally up," momma says. "You hungry?"

"Yeah," I mumble, rubbing the crust from my eyes and sitting at the table. "Where's papa?"

"Making more Joker gas," momma answers. "Anyway, we have some news for you! We'll tell you together." She sets down a few plates of eggs and bacon in front of me. "I'll go get him."

I stab the yolk of an egg, releasing all the yellow goo from inside its trapped shell. I dip the bacon in the yellow goop and eat it. I finish a piece of bacon before papa and momma return. Momma sets a plate full of food in front of papa and one where she takes a seat.

"We have some exciting news!" momma exclaims, stuffing her face with bacon.

Papa picks up the letter on the table and looks at it. "You may be incredibly intelligent, but you need an education," he sighs. "Even if this school is for the total rich snobs..."

"Remember when you went out for dinner with Aunty Selina?" momma asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Mr. Wayne has chosen you for a scholarship to Gotham Academy," momma says.

"Wait, really?!" I ask, somewhat excited.

"We will go get your uniform tomorrow," momma says. "Or really go get you measured tomorrow."

...September 11, 2010...

Momma puts on a wig to not be recognized. We head to a clothing store specifically for any type of uniform, called Gotham Uniforms.

"Hello," the lady behind the counter greets. "Are you here for the Gotham Academy Uniform?"

"That we are," momma says. "We're here to get her measured today to pick up tomorrow."

"Wonderful," the woman says with a smile. "Do you have the money today?"

"Yes, how much?" momma asks.

"550 dollars for all the clothes," the woman says with a smile.

"550?!" momma shouts. "Are you kidding me?!" She threatens to pull out her gun, but I prevent her by placing my hand on her arm. She sighs and slides the gun back in its holster, instead taking out her wallet and pulling the cash out. She fishes out the money and places it on the table.

The woman smiles not noticing what we just went through, placing the money in the register, and turns to me now seeing her nametag that says Josie. "Come on, honey. This way." She leads me to the back with a woman named Lily. "This is Lily. She will take your measurements." Josie leaves and greets another guest that arrives by the jingaling of the bell throughout the store.

"Come over here and stand up on this platform," Lily says.

I do as told and get up on the small platform.

"Back here," Josie says, ushering someone in with her. "The kind woman in the chair over there will take your measurements."

Said lady stands up and ushers the new girl over to stand on the platform next to me. Josie leaves as the two women take our measurements.