Wayne Charity Gala

It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance?
Can I have this dance?
~Can I have this Dance? ~ Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron~

...April 5, 2012...

Currently, Richy, Jason, Bruce, and I are in the Batcave.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Richy asks.

"I think it's time for me to start another mission," I tell him. "Besides, it's not like anything major is gonna happen. It's just a charity event party. I'll be fine. The team still doesn't know your identities yet, do they?"

"No," Jason answers.

"Suit up," Bruce tells us. "We're leaving to the cave in 10 minutes." He turns and leaves to get into his suit.

~~~

"Recognized: Batman, 02. Robin, B14. Nightwing, B01. Bolt, B08."

Batman immediately pulls up the cave's speaker system, calling the rest of the team in for mission briefing. "Artemis, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Zatanna, report for mission briefing."

They all arrive at the same time.

Wally marches up to me. "Bolt, you should really leave a note or something when you leave to sleep over at the Bat's house. Mom and dad get worried," he scolds.

"Sorry, nightmares..." I mumble.

He sighs, ruffling my hair.

"Bruce Wayne is having a charity gala tonight. He bought and funded a hospital that was getting shut and knocked down. Many families would've been broken if the hospital was taken. Many people wanted that land. Many of those people aren't good people," Batman says. "It is your job to watch for any suspicious characters and make sure nobody gets harmed."

"I thought Gotham was your city? Why send us?" Superboy asks.

"Robin, Nightwing, Bolt, and I have another 'obligation' to attend to," Batman says, walking towards the zeta-tubes. "I've sent you the location of the gala, Kaldur. Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred, has been notified of your mission and will provide you with the required uniforms you all will be wearing."

The three of us follow behind him back to the batcave, getting ourselves ready for the gala.

~~~