Genderbend (Part 2 of 3)

If I were a boy
Even just for a day
~If I Were A Boy ~ Beyoncé~

...October 7, 2010...

I left the mall that day and locked myself in my room at the cave, knowing I couldn't go anywhere else. I haven't left the room, at least not the way anyone could see, while absorbing electricity for energy. The voice is still in my head. Currently, I'm sitting up on my bed against the wall, playing on my phone.

A knock resounds throughout my room.

"Bolt?"

"Go away, Robin," I huff.

"Let me in," comes Robin's muffled reply. "You haven't eaten in 3 days."

"I've eaten."

"We haven't caught you coming out of your room on any of the cameras."

"That's cause I'm too fast for them."

"This door hasn't been opened."

"I vibrate through it. How else would I go pee?"

"I have food just let me in," Robin groans.

"I don't wanna talk."

"You're talking now."

"Still not letting you in."

Suddenly the door opens and a smirking Robin is revealed. "That's alright, I'll let myself in."

"That's cheating," I pout, crossing my arms and turning away.

He walks over to sit next to me on the bed, placing the food beside us. "Eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Don't make me shove it down your throat."

"That's what he said," I mumble.

He sighs. "At least you're still acting sorta like you."

I look down to my hands. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?"

"I didn't mean to... to threaten the guy... t-to k-kill him..."

Yes, you did.

"I know. It's alright. You got overprotective."

I shake my head. "I could've killed him."

"I don't believe you would kill anyone."

My eyes lock with his cornflower blue ones. But I have... "I..."

His face turns to concern. "H-have you been crying?"

I turn away. "No."

"Bolt, your eyes are all puffy and red. I can even tell through the sunglasses. Why were you crying?"

"Robin, I'm... turning into someone I don't wanna be, but I don't have a choice. I can't stop it."

"You always have a choice. There's always another choice. You have friends who will help you find another way." He reaches up, cupping my cheek and rubbing his thumb back in forth for reassurance.

No, you don't. Your friends are fake.

I wince, moving away from Robin's hand. Hurt crosses his features. "Some things are better to bear alone."

"And most things aren't." He places the food in my lap. "Please, eat."

I sigh, complying. "Happy?"