Image

You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up
~Titanium ~ Sia~

...November 22, 2010...

I'm currently in my room, sitting on my bed and practicing my song that I'll sing with Richy at the chorus concert. Today is a Monday but school is out this whole week for Thanksgiving. Momma and papa said that this year they won't be celebrating Thanksgiving because they have a master plan they're forming or something.

"I really can't stay," I sing. "I've got to away ...This evening has been... so very nice. ...My mother will star–" I'm interrupted by the team communicator and pick it up to see who it is, transforming my hair to pink and gaining some shades. "Yello?"

Batman's face appears. "I want you to come in."

"For a mission?"

"Yes."

"I have the rest of this week off for Thanksgiving break but if it runs longer I still am in school."

"If you tell me your name I can excuse you from missing school like I do with Robin."

"Not a chance. I'll be there soon."

My door slowly begins to open. "Be where soon, little monster?"

I quickly change my hair color back to green after quickly ending the call with Batman. Momma walks into my bedroom.

"I was going to meet up with some friends from school to hang out today," I lie. "If that's okay with you?"

"That sounds like fun," she says. "It's fine with me."

"Would it be okay to spend the night?"

"As long as it's not a boy's house."

"It's not! Thank you, momma!" I squeal, kissing her cheek and gathering my things.

"You're welcome, have fun," she says, walking off.

Storm raises her head from the bed. ~Where are you going?~

"Batman has a mission for me."

~Can I come?~

"Storm, you know you can't. I would love for you to but you know how weird it would be for me to bring you. Hey everybody, this is my Kobra-Venom enhanced pet hyena. Her name is Storm and was given to me on my birthday by my papa, the Joker. BTWs that would make me Jester Quinn, the one who has been giving you problems for a while."

~Alright, I get it!~

"But maybe when I go out as Jester you can come along."

~Yes! It's so boring here!~

"Sorry," I sigh. "I guess I'll see you in a few days." I head to the zeta-tube, transforming my hair back to pink and getting into my suit.

"Recognized: Bolt, B08."

I materialize to find myself in the hangar instead of the mission room. "I thought I set it to go to the mission room..." I shrug and head to the living room to see if anyone is around. "May as well practice." I take a breath before beginning. "I really can't stay... I've got to go away... This evening has been... so very nice... My mother will start to worry... My father will be pacing the floor..."

"Who's singing?" a voice, I quickly recognize as Wally, says, coming from the living room.

"So really I'd better scurry," I continue.