Christmas Concert

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you.
~All I Want for Christmas is You ~ Mariah Carey~

...December 9, 2010...

It's a Thursday and Robin, Wally, Megan, Conner, and I are hanging out in the cave. Conner and Megan are sparring. Wally, Robin, and I stand on the sidelines all eating a bag of chips. Well, Wally and Robin are standing, I'm sitting on Wally's shoulders.

"I really can't stay..." I sing.

"Baby, it's cold outside," Robin sings the next part.

"Why do you always do that?" I huff.

"Why can't I sing along?" Robin asks.

"Do you know the whole song?"

"Obviously," Robin scoffs. "I feel that you sing it on purpose, so I'll sing along. You know I have to sing it for the concert."

I chuckle. I'm singing it because I'm performing the piece with you. "Maybe so."

"Your concert is tomorrow, right?" Wally asks. "Cause there is no way I'm missing it."

"And there's no way I'm telling you the time," Robin scoffs.

I lean over into Wally's face. "It's tomorrow at 6:30pm at Gotham Methodist Church. It's free."

"Bolt!" Robin shouts, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Ha! Thanks Bolt!" Wally cheers. "I'd so invite the rest of the team, if they knew your secret ID."

I grin since I know that Artemis is going. "I really can't stay..."

...Concert: December 17, 2010...

Papa, momma, and I are on our way to the church for my concert. Momma is wearing a brunette wig and papa has on a lot of peach colored concealer to cover his white face. He wears clothes to cover the rest of his skin even gloves just so he can watch me. He leaves his hair the crazy green color as I explained that I got it from him. Papa is deciding to go by the name Joe Joleen, and momma is going by Rosaleen Joleen. I laugh at the names then we laughed together. We've agreed to the terms of them even changing the way they speak.

 We've agreed to the terms of them even changing the way they speak

I can't tell you that I'm not nervous because I'm overly nervous. Not because I have to sing in front of over 500 people, but because I really hope Bruce doesn't realize that my parents are Joker and Harley Quinn. He is Batman after all.