Monkey Business

What would I do without your smart mouth,
drawing me in and you kicking me out.
You got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down.
What's going on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride,
and I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright.
~All of Me ~ John Legend~

...9:40am September 26, 2010...

Right now, I'm sitting at the top of the Statue of Justice with Robin right beside me. Both sitting in complete silence.

"You know, Batman was really mad after you left," Robin says.

"Was he?" I chuckle.

"When we got home he wasn't visibly mad because he never shows his emotions," Robin says. "It was more in his actions."

"Like what?"

"When he arrived to the Batcave he was slamming things and picking things up in a huff," Robin chuckles.

I giggle. "I can see him doing that. I wish I could've seen it."

"Anyway, he eventually thought about it and calmed down, knowing that you were right."

"Wait, Batman admitted to being wrong?" I ask.

"Well, he didn't admit it but he made me go to school the next day instead of going on a mission with him," Robin says.

"Did he?" I chuckle. "That's interesting."

"The team couldn't believe you talked that way to him either," Robin continues. "They were so shocked. Kid Flash of course thought it was incredibly hot."

"Did he?" I ask. "You know, he's actually kinda cute. I might just fall for his charms."

"Pssh, y-you'd really fall for that?"

"Jealous?" I quirk.

"W-what?! No! I—Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know, you tell me," I smirk.

"Well, you wanna go do something?" Robin asks.

"Like a date?" I flirt.

"I-I never said anything about a date!"

"I'm just messing with you," I laugh. "So, what would we do on our date?"

"It's not–" he begins but is cut off by the ringing from his communicator watch. He answers the call and Batman appears on the hologram. "Hello?"

"Hey, Batsy!" I say, leaning next to Robin and waving.

"What are you doing?" Batman asks, giving a stern glare towards Robin.

"We're on a date!" I exclaim with a bright smile.

"No, we're n-not!" Robin fusses as I giggle. "What is it you need, Batman?"

"You're going with the team to shut down The Brain's operations," Batman says. "You are welcome to come too."

"Not an ideal first date, but I am part of the team," I say. "Besides, it's Sunday. No school today."

"Great," Batman says. "Meet at the cave." He hangs up.

"Well, I guess we better go," Robin says.

"I'll race ya," I joke.

"Haha, very funny," Robin says. "I'm not going to do something I obviously can't win."

"You might if you tripped me," I joke. "Want a ride?"

"You know, it's supposed to be the guy that sweeps a girl off her feet?"