Torture

Am I out of my head?
Am I out of my mind?
If you only knew the bad things I like
Don't think that I can explain it
What can I say, it's complicated
Don't matter what you say
Don't matter what you do
I only wanna do bad things to you
~Bad Things ~ Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello~

...Saved: October 24, 2010...

"Dawny?" momma calls out.

"Yeah?" I shout back from my room.

"Get dressed and come here!"

A few days after my parents got put in Arkham, they busted out rather easily along with Punch and Judy. I didn't put in any help as I was still annoyed at what papa said. Replace me? That won't be easy and probably won't happen. He was only saying that to protect me, right?

I groan as step out of bed, placing my computer on my nightstand and giving Storm a quick head pat before I head down the stairs. "Yeah, momma?"

"Would you be willing to go shopping for me?"

"Do you know how late it is?" I ask. "You know I have school tomorrow? Why can't Punch or Judy do it?"

"Only 10:30 and the store closes at 2am. Also, I know you stay up late anyway. Those two are off tonight," she says, turning to me and handing me a list. "Besides, I know you can handle yourself if you get in any trouble. You can go all zip zappy on them. If you don't go, we won't have anything for breakfast, and you know how angry puddin' gets when he doesn't have breakfast."

The painful but funny memory passes through my head. "Yes, I do," I sigh, snatching the list.

"And I figured with the whole, transporting through wires that you'd get it done faster."

"I can travel through wires there but not back," I huff. "I can't transport things with me. Only small things like knives or money."

"Well, that's too bad," she smiles, handing me a rolled up wad of money. "That's 600 dollars in 20s. Have fun!"

I roll my eyes, stuffing the cash in my pocket. "Where's papa?"

"Asleep for once."

"Alright, I'm heading out," I say, waving a hand behind me as I head into the nearest outlet. I pop out in the alleyway, after making sure nobody's there and head into the grocery store, grabbing a cart along the way. "Alright, eggs, 20 rolls of duct tape, cheddar, milk, 8 gallons of bleach, bread, blah blah blah... Why is this list so long?!" I let out a groan, watching the list unfold to the floor. "I'm gonna be here a while..."

By the time I leave it's 12:45.

"Have a good night and be careful, sweetie," the old cashier lady wishes me out.

I grab the handle to the wagon I also bought just so I won't have to carry all the groceries home. "Thank you and I will," I respond as I heave all the groceries with me, walking through the doors into the dark night. About four streets until my house is visible, someone decides to mess with me. "Damn, one night would be nice. Of course, it's Gotham City this will always happen." I whip around to face the burly group of men following me. "Could you leave me alone?"

"No can do, sweetheart," the one with a beard says.

"Don't call me sweetheart because I'm not sweet. I'm telling you this as a favor, don't mess with me. You won't like the results that follow."

A second man, one with a mustache, flips out a knife. "And what would that be?"

"You wanna play?" the final, bald man taunts, bringing out a machete.