Year 2012

Look at me you may think you see
Who I really am but you'll never know me
Every day it's as if I play a part
Now I see if I wear a mask
I can fool the world but I cannot fool my heart
Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?
~Reflection ~ Christina Aguilera~

...March 12, 2012...

Batman has called us in for mission briefing. Nightwing, Robin, Miss Martian, Artemis, and I are chosen as it's a stealth mission. The five of us are the stealthiest members of the team. Robin and Nightwing because of Batman. Miss Martian because of her camouflage. Artemis and I because that's just how we were raised.

"Black Mask has been smuggling weapons into Gotham. Bane is his supplier. Deadshot and Firefly are also involved, mainly as watchmen. They're making the deal tonight at Gotham Harbour. I've selected each of you for your stealth. Keep to the shadows and take everyone out. The police should be on the scene when you're through. I will be going after Black Mask. He will likely be sending his lieutenant, Snipe, in his place to make sure the trade goes smoothly. Stay in the shadows and try not to attract attention. Nightwing take the lead. Go."

~~~A few hours later~~~

The five of us spread out among the tops of shipping containers at the docks.

'Everyone here?' Miss M calls out.

'Active,' Robin says.

'Present,' Artemis says.

'Here,' Nightwing says.

'Nightwing has a nice ass,' I answer.

'Bolt!' he huffs.

I laugh in my head. 'Just stating the facts. Now, shall we?'

'Robin, there's a lackey closest to you. Take him out,' Nightwing says. 'Let's begin.'

'Hai!' I salute, jumping off my storage container with a flip onto the thugs shoulders below me. I jab my thumb into a pressure point, making him pass out. I pull him into the shadows, breaking his gun in half.

We continue this for a few minutes until we can't reach anyone without being noticed.

We go unnoticed by Firefly and there's been no sign of Deadshot.

Someone lands behind me, assuming it's a teammate I don't turn around.

The person behind me speaks in Russian. "I heard that you used to be Jester Quinn."

I respond in Russian. "You heard correctly." I turn to Deadshot.

He smiles at me, hitching his sniper on his shoulder. "I'm glad you became a superhero. We don't need another child criminal."

"So, am I gonna have to take you down?" I ask.

"No, I'll get paid whether this is successful or not. I'll just say one of you snuck up behind me and knocked me out," he says. "I'm not going to hurt my daughter's friend or my ex-protégé."

"Thank you, Deadshot."

"See you around, girly," he salutes before he vanishes into the shadows.