Baby Justice (Day 1)

Come stop your crying it'll be alright
Just take my hand hold it tight
I will protect you from all around you
I will be here don't you cry
~You'll Be in My Heart ~ Phil Collins~

...Home: September 29, 2010...

The school day is over and I'm in my room, flipping through a manga. Momma is out with Aunty Selina and Aunty Ivy. Papa is doing something elsewhere, leaving me with the whole house to myself along with the hyenas of course. My moment of peace is suddenly interrupted by the ringing of my communicator with the team. I sigh, transforming my look into my superhero half before answering the call. Batman appears on the screen.

"Batman?"

"I need your help."

"Whoa. The Batman needs my help. That's new."

"Are you available, or not?"

"I just don't understand why you can't ask the team to help you?"

"This is a job only you can fill," he responds."You need to come in."

"I feel like I'm gonna walk straight into a trap." He gives a small smile before hanging up. "Did he just smile at me?! That's scarier than a glare!" I look towards Storm. "Should I go?"

~You know you should.~

I sigh with a loud and long groan. "Fine." I speed out of the house and get into the nearest zeta-tube to the cave.

"Recognized: Bolt, B08."

"I'm here, what is it you need, Batsy?" I call out. Batman is standing at the computer with Wolf standing next to him, going over different formulas. "Uh, Batman, where is the team?"

"Don't know, they're hiding around here somewhere," he says, turning around with a baby in his arms.

"Whoa," I gasp, eyes widening. "I didn't know you had children. Was mom too busy to watch him?"

"No," he bellows, giving a slight glare. "This is Robin."

"What?!" I shout, running up to him to look down at the sleeping baby. "He's so cute." I pull my phone out and take a quick pic, unnoticed by Batman.

He places Robin in my arms. "I need to go help the other Justice League members with a mission. We'll return soon to try and figure out a solution to this problem."

"Wait, what happened?" I ask.

"Joker made a new gas that turns everyone younger. Everyone has been deaged by 12 years."

"Joker?" I question. So that's what papa's been doing... "So, Robin is only a year old?

"Yes," Batman nods.

"Wait, so you're just going to leave me here with all these babies, alone?! You trust me enough to do that?!" I shout.

He bends down to my level, getting in my personal bubble, and glares right in my face. "I have no choice at the moment, but if anything happens to Robin, I won't hesitate to take you down."

I give him a smirk, obviously not scared from his threat. He turns back to the computer. "So you don't care if anything happens to the others?"

He turns to give me a glare. "Another teammate that's not really on this team, like you, is coming to help. It's about time you two met."

"Who?" I ask.

"You'll know when he gets here," he responds, turning off the holographic screen then heading toward the zeta-tubes and typing in his destination. "The others are hiding. I told them that you'll find them if they hide."