Officially a Family

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright
~All of Me ~ John Legend~

...January 8, 2011...

I've packed up all my things from the cave. Today's the day that I'm finally moving into the house I'm legally bound to. Barry and Iris' house. They're my legal parents after all. Wally and the others haven't stopped grinning all day. Wally's been back and forth, dropping all my bags off at Barry's house. Megan, Conner, Wally, and I are all in the mission room, waiting for Barry.

"Recognized: Flash, 04."

Barry enters in civvies, smiling when his eyes land on me. "You ready kiddo?"

"Yeah."

"Before we go to the house, I have somewhere to take you first," Barry says, moving over to the zeta control and entering Central City.

"Where?" I ask.

"You'll see when we get there," he says, entering the zeta-tube.

I wave goodbye to Megan, Conner, and Wally.

"Recognized: Flash, 04. Bolt, B08."

We re-emerge out in an alley in Central City.

"Follow me," Barry says, speeding off.

I quickly follow after him. We stop in a grave yard and I look at him confused. "What are we doing in a cemetery?"

"Look," he says, pointing at the two graves in front of us. "I thought you should see them."

I look at the graves to read off the names of my parents. My biological parents. Paul and Nina Evans. "Mom... Dad..." I bend down to lean on my knees.

"I don't think you ever got to see this and thought you should," Barry says.

I chuckle sadly. "Is it bad that I can't remember what they look like? I can imagine them but their faces are blank... I can't even remember any memories with them..."

"You've been through a lot the last few years," Barry says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I wouldn't expect you to fully remember. You were young when they died."

"Thank you for doing this, Barry."

"No problem, kid."

We sit there for a little while longer before I stand up. "Alright, I'm good. Let's go home."

"About that," Barry says. "I'm not your legal dad anymore."

"What?!" I shout. "Then who?! I swear if Bruce is adopting me I'll runaway again. I'd rather not be dating my adopted brother."

Barry laughs, shaking his head no. "Iris and I were thinking that we have no idea how to raise a teenager. We thought we'd let someone else, that knows how to raise a speedster teenager, be your parents."