Bye Adults

I try to reach you, I can almost feel you
You're nearly here
And then you disappear
~Disappear ~ Beyoncé~

...November 5, 2010...

I woke up at my usual time for school. Only after coming downstairs do I realize that something is wrong. "Momma? Papa? Where are you?"

Storm comes speeding in the room, almost knocking me over. ~Aura!~

I sidestep to dodge her. "What's wrong?"

~Lou, Bud, Joker, and Harley just disappeared!~

"What?!"

~What happened?!~

"I don't know... Let's go out and investigate."

I shift my clothes into my Jester Quinn suit, opening the door and heading down the street with Storm at my side. Running at a normal pace, I notice all the kids out on the street. The whole city is in a frenzy. Cars are on fire. Actually, just about everything is on fire.

"Mommy!"

"What happened?" I ask, walking up to the crying little girl.

"Mommy disappeared!" she cries out.

"Mine too!" a little boy nearby adds in.

"All the adults have disappeared..." I murmur to myself. "Come with me. I'll get you to a safer place." I turn to Storm. "I'll even let you ride Storm if you want." The two children look up at Storm in fright. "She won't bite."

The two hesitantly walk up to the large hyena, stroking her fur once near. They giggle as Storm leans into their touch.

"Are you a superhero?" the little girl asks me.

No.

"For now let's get you to a safe place." I ignore the question as I lift them onto Storm's back. I continue to have any children I pass to follow me, getting up to over 50 kids following me to Gotham Academy.

A silhouette jumps down from above, stopping me in my path. "Jester Quinn, don't move another step."

"Ah, Robin, if you wanted another date you didn't have to ask me so dramatically," I tease.

The followers pause to watch our conversation.

"Where are you taking them?" Robin asks, ignoring my flirting attempts.

"Gotham Academy for refuge," I state, moving past him. "If you haven't noticed, all the adults are missing."

"Yeah, I noticed when our butler vanished in front of me."

"You have a butler?" I ask. "Cool."

"Yeah, let's just get these kids to the gym at the school," Robin scoffs.

"I may be helping but don't think this makes me a hero. I'm only helping to get my parents back."

"That's fine by me," Robin huffs. "I need to get in contact with my teammates. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"If I had any clue, I wouldn't be here with you," I voice.

"That's true."

"You shouldn't even be out and about. I know I broke some of your ribs. Ribs take like 6 weeks to heal."

"I've trained my body to withstand the pain and heal quicker."

"You're an idiot."

"Where's your sister?"