Hurt

Up on the hill across the blue lake
That's where I had my first heart break
I still remember how it all changed
My father said
Don't you worry, don't you worry child
~Don't You Worry Child ~ Swedish House Mafia~

...December 14, 2016...

Sitting in my room, I suddenly get a call on my communicator. The one Catwoman gave me. I answer it with an annoyed face.

"What do you want?"

"You're coming with me to steal a cat statue at Gotham Museum tonight. Meet you there in 30 minutes. See ya!"

She hangs up and I growl annoyed. Storm lifts her head and looks up at me.

I grin. "Wanna come?"

~Obviously.~

"Then let's get ready." I set aside what I was doing and transform into my Jester Quinn suit. We head downstairs to find momma in the kitchen.

"I was just about to call you down to dinner," she says, wiping her hands off on a towel. She tosses the towel in a heap on the counter.

"Aunty Selina wants me to go help her steal a cat statue in 30 minutes," I tell her. "Can I go?" Say no.

Say yes.

"Yes, but eat your dinner before you go," she says.

"Cool," I nod, internally groaning.

~~~

I meet up with Catwoman on the roof of the museum.

"You're here early, kitten." She slinks out from the shadows. "I see you brought Storm too."

"Don't want you running off to tell Batsy my secret," I scoff, crossing my arms. "She wanted to get out and have some fun."

She chuckles. "Do your little electric thing and cut off all the security alarms. You know the drill."

"Yeah, yeah," I wave off, entering the building and taking care of just that. I reappear on the roof when I finish. "Done."

She cuts a hole in the glass with her claws and I vibrate it so it shatters into a million tiny dust pieces to not make the crashing sound. Catwoman pats me on the head before jumping inside with Storm and me right behind. We make our way through the museum in search of the cat statue. After a few minutes of searching, we make it to the statue and she carefully cuts another hole in the glass then pulls out the cat.

"Come to momma, gorgeous..."