Parental Instincts (Part 3 of 3)

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
~Mother Knows Best ~ Donna Murphy~

...October 14, 2010...

My communicator goes off. "Hello?"

"Come in for a mission report," Batman tells me before hanging up.

"Shiittt..." I groan, glaring at the blasted baby beside my bed. I strap on the sling along with the bag of items, heading straight to the zeta-tube nearby.

"Recognized: Bolt, B08."

"Batsy, I'm not really available to do a secret undercover mission," I tell him as I walk in. "I have to take care of this baby."

They all turn to look at me.

Wally speeds up. "Whoa, you really do have one!" He begins to laugh.

"Don't care," Batman responds, pointing to Robin. "This mission will require all of you."

My eyes drift over to Robin to see he also has his baby. He has a Batman baby carrier strapped to his front. Of course he does...

"This mission is gonna be terrible

"This mission is gonna be terrible..." I mutter, moving over near Robin.

"No kidding..." he agrees.

Wally laughs and clamps the two of our shoulders. "It's like you two had twins together and couldn't find a babysitter in time!" He bursts out laughing.

Simultaneously we both stomp on Wally's feet, causing him to topple to the floor holding his feet in pain.

Artemis snickers. "That's what you get, Kid Mouth. But, you know married couples do things in sync all the time."

"Arty!" I shout as she giggles.

Wally and her join in laughing together. Robin and I smirk.

"You're right, Artemis," I nod.

"Couples do do things in sync," Robin continues.

"Like you and Wally are doing right now," I finish and smirk.

The two immediately stop laughing and a blush creeps up both their faces. Robin and I begin to laugh which makes the two babies laugh along.

"Alright, fun time is over," Batman hushes us. "Criminals in Gotham have been disappearing. Someone is taking them all."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Artemis asks.