Genderbend (Part 1 of 3)

Yeah, I already know that there ain't no stopping
Your plans and those
Slow hands (woo)
Slow hands
~Slow Hands ~ Niall Horan~

...October 4, 2010...

Happy Harbor High School was cancelled because a new villain has appeared in Happy Harbor. Miss Martian and Superboy were the first to arrive to the scene. Aqualad quickly followed.

Currently I'm in Family Studies, the most annoying and uninteresting class I have ever been in. I'm fast asleep and am awoken by the vibrating of my pocket. I sit up immediately. "Hey, teach? I need to go pee! See ya!" I gather my things and leave before she can say no. I hurriedly shove all my things in my locker then disappear into the bathroom, locking myself in a stall. Turning my hair to pink and shifting glasses on my face, I answer. "What is it? I told you to only call me in emergencies. I'm in school."

I'm surprised to see Robin, Kid Flash, and Artemis also on screen. I take notice of Robin only wearing his mask and the top part of his jacket looks like a Gotham uniform.

"People are in Happy Harbor cowering in pain after getting blasted with some sort of energy. Miss Martian, Superboy, and Aqualad are on the scene now and need backup," Batman reports.

"Why can't you help? Or any other leaguer for that matter?" Artemis asks.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get detention for skipping!" I complain.

"Every other member is at work or on another mission," he informs. "I can exempt Robin, Kid Flash, and Artemis. You chose to keep to yourself, so you're going to have to survive a day of detention."

I groan. "Fine..."

~~~

Batman has sent us out to investigate and take her down. We dodge around citizens, screaming and running away from the villainess. The woman is holding a blaster gun and whoever the beam touches, topples over in pain.

"What do you want lady?" I huff, dodging a beam.

"For real, what is your goal, weirdo?" KF asks, running next to me.

"My name is Genderbend," she growls, blasting a shot at Robin.

Robin easily flips over the shot and returns it with an exploding birdarang. "Nice name."

She falls back, causing the blaster to fall. "No!" she shouts, reaching for the blaster.

Artemis counteracts by shooting an explosive arrow to knock it away from her. The blaster cracks from the blast and explodes over all of us, knocking us all unconscious.

~3rd person POV until Bolt wakes~

Robin is the first to stir, hearing Batman's voice shouting over the earpiece. Robin groans and sits up, pressing his finger to the communicator. "I-I'm fine." He slightly tilts his head in confusion at the sound of his voice.

"You don't sound normal. What about everyone else?" Batman asks.

Robin looks across the area, seeing the blurry outlines of his teammates all passed out around him. "They seem to be okay. I'll contact you back after I know more details." He drops his hand from his ear and brings both hands to rub his eyes, trying to clear his vision. He tries to stand up, only to fall back down and having to hold his throbbing head. "Am I... shorter? And why is my chest so heavy?" He looks to his body and gasps. "This is so not happening... So not whelmed." He crawls over the nearest person, who happens to be Superboy. He gasps. "Whoa. Him too?" He shakes him. "Superboy?"