1.3 "Things Have Changed"

At the Plantation. Night.

Rebekah and Hayley were standing outside watching Nik pilling up the dead bodies Rebekah had brought with her. Some of Marcel's vampires. 

Nik wasn't happy at all. He was pissed as hell. 

One of the vampires was still alive and groaning in pain.

Nik looked at Hayley and pointed at the pile  "And this is why i told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned from the Quarter. I had a plan and your little night time walk put it all on risk".

Rebekah took a step to the groaning guy.

Nik yelled "Leave him!"

She took a step back.

Nik looked at her  "You've done enough, don't you think. leaving a trail of bodies leading to my door"

Rebekah "if i hadn't overheard them talking about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. Elijah made a deal to protect your child. So it could safe you from your selfish rotten self. You obviously don't give a damn about your child or Elijah. What have you done to honor his?"

Nik "I have done everything. Let me spell it out,shall i ?. Since the day i arrived Marcel hasn't trusted me. From day one, he has his vampires take vervain, which as you know, little sister. Protects them from my mind control. I needed a spy, someone on the inside who Marcel would never suspect. So i created a day zero and got their first. Marcel has just lost six vampires, thanks to your little murder spree and needed new recruits. So i made the new one mine before he even had a drop of vervain. But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so i compelled the girl who caught his eye. And this one,.."

He pointed at the groaning vampire and grabbed him by his foot " i'll drain him from vervain, compel him that his mates found a religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more Vampires tonight."

Then she pulled the guy inside by his foot. 

 We followed him inside.

Nik let go of him after I closed the front door.

He turned to us "Does anyone has anymore Questions?. No? good, because i have a question. Hayley,.."

He looked at her "What were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place?"

She just looked at him.

Nik yelled "Answer me!"

I yelled back "back off, Nik!"

Hayley "Wanna know what i was doing? i was buying poison so i could put your little baby out of its misery."

He was even more pissed now. 

 Suddenly he grabbed her throat in vamp-speed and held her against the door frame.

Hayley gasped for air. 

I yelled  "Nik!"

Rebekah yelled "Nik!"

Hayley gasped for air.

Rebekah shoved him off Hayley and held him against the wall "get your hands off her! she's pregnant for god's sake!"

Hayley was coughing, breathing for air. 

Rebekah "You don't want this child and in the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it...it's okay to care. it's okay to want something. that's all Elijah wanted for you. All we've ever wanted."

Nik sat down on the stairs.

I looked at Hayley "You need fresh air?"

She nodded and we walked to the backyard and sat down on chairs in front of the pool.