Truth And Lies

Later. Morning.

I was sitting on the sofa of the living room. Nik walked inside.

 I stood up and tried to walk past him out of the room but he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

Nik said amused "Don't tell me that her vision of my death scared you, love"

I ripped my wrist free.

Nik eyed me  "i told you not to believe any word that he tells you"

I turned to him "Why didn't you tell me about her?"

Nik asked confused "about who, love?"

Me "Aurora"

Nik's face dropped.

Me "so it's true"

He looked down. 

Me " You haven't seen each other in over 900 years. You loved each other to death. She is the love of your life"

Nik shook his head, looking at me"you are the love of my life and you know that"

I shook my head "or am i just a replacement because you couldn't have her"

Nik "what else did he tell you?"

Me "You left her because you had to run away from your father. Is it just me or does it sound familiar?. He also told me what she and i have in common. She and i got turned by Rebekah, we love you, we dated you, you left both of us to run away. And that i obviously don't know where your loyalties are going to lie if she comes back"

Nik shook his head "i'm not in love with her. We both know my loyalties are with you, Ariana."

Me "Then why didn't you mention her? hm? and don't tell me that there was no time because you had over 300 years, Nik"

Nik "Do i have to remind you that we aren't together anymore, love? you ended it"

I said frustrated "because you walked away from us!"

Nik shook his head, pissed off  "i don't have to listen to this!"

Me "if you still love her and want to be with her...I won't stop you...and i know you don't owe me an explaination...but...please, please.....i just want you to be honest with me...don't lie to me ....because that would hurt me more than anything else. "

Nik "believe me this, love,  i don't love her and don't ever think that you were some replacement. you never were and you never will be"

----

I woke up from my sleep. I looked at my phone. 3 pm.

I groaned "all right"

I rolled out of bed and into the bathroom.

I walked out and heard shouting downstairs. I walked out of my room and saw a dead girl laying in a bed of Lavender plants. Nik and Elijah were shouting. They haven't noticed me.

Nik was holding a letter.

Nik "i remmember her a better poet"

Elijah "oh, i wouldn't say that this is lacking in poetry"

Nik "she wants us to find her, so let's."

Elijah "you're so eager, Niklaus. Last time you even said her name was a thousand years ago when you told me never to speak it again in your presence. "

Nik "so i'm to wait till she leaves her little calling cards all over my home."

Elijah "there is something you should know. When mother seized control of my mind, unleashing thise monstrosities that lurk behind the red door, i saw something. Aurora was there. "

Nik "if you mean to confess a thousand-year-old secret that will divide us after our hard-won reconciliation, brother. There is nothing you coud have done involving her that's worse than what she did to me"

Elijah "please do not dismiss this, Nikla-"

Nik "whatever it is, it can wait. We have a plate of here-and-now problems, and i mean to clear it. If it makes you feel any better, we can kill Aurora together. The neither of us need play her little mind games ever again, hmm?"

Then he walked out.

Elijah looked up and saw me "you overheard everything, didn't you?"

I nodded.

Elijah "i overheard your conversation with him yesterday"

Me "what do you think?"

Elijah "you know, he was lying"

I nodded "As much as i want to believe him, he still loves her"

Elijah "I'm so sorry, Aria"

I took a deep breath "you should go, follow him. Whatever you need to tell him, you should tell him yourself before someone else does"

Elijah "bye, Aria"

Then he walked out. I walked downstairs and sat down on one of the sofas.

 Night.

Elijah walked back inside. He poured himself a drink.

Me "you okay?"

Elijah "she told you"

I looked at him confused but then i saw Nik.

Elijah "how convenient to voice this ancient grievance in the very moment we need to stand united against our enemies. "

Nik "you speak to me of enemies when the greatest traitor of my life stands before me"

I gulped.

Nik the pushed Elijah against the bar. The bar flew back with them on it. Nik kicked him. Elijah stood up. Nik pushed him back. Elijah punched him and threw him against the sofa table in front of me. I stood up and speeded upstairs. I love them but there is no way i'm getting between them.

Nik "What you did to Aurora, to me, you set my course!"

Elijah "i protected you. I protected our family! Aurora was the sister of a lunatic and a powerful lunatic, at that. Father was pursuit. What was i supposed to do, Niklaus!? And despite every one of your despicable deeds, i alone have always stood by you. "

Nik "and why is that? Guilt. You knew that your secret betrayal was the cause of everything i became!"

He punched him. Elijah kicked back.

Nik bit him in his arm.Then they attacked eachother. Elijah threw him against the next wall.

Elijah pointed at him "all this blame! Will you ever look at yourself?. I have carried you for centuries, Niklaus. no more. You want a fight? so be it"