Queen And Kings

At church.

Marcel and I had gathered the vampires at church.

They were all looking at us as he and i sat down on the steps of the altar.

Marcel "no, i know that most of you feel that i have been mistaken in some of my decisions lately. you feel that i've been living in the past, in the days when i was king, calling the shots and my word was law. and i have to admit..you're right.I wanted to rule through trust, and through goodwill and consent. But as i said, i made a mistake. I lost control of you, but..."

He stood up "no more. until i can trust all of you to fall in line, and until Hayley Marshall is found, i am changing rules. First, i'm restricting your movements. No more daylight rings."

Everybody's jaw dropped.

One of the vampires " you have no right to do that. You're not one of us anymore"

I stood up "but i am. And you really wanna stand against the Queen of the city?"

I looked at crowed "And for those who are new to this town and think they can have say in this, i am and will always be the Queen of this city. This is my town, no matter how long i've been gone and no matter who the kings are"

They all looked around.

Me "You heard right. I said "Kings" Two of the people you call "Freaks" and "crossbreeds" are also gonna be charge"

Then Nik walked in and walked up to me.

Marcel "break the rules, defy our orders, no more head garden. Just your head"

Nik "any questions?"

Home.

Nik walked inside without Vincent.

Marcel asked confused "where's Vincent?"

Nik "We're on our own. None of this makes sense"

Marcel "what could Hayley have done to deserve this?"

Nik grabbed the box and threw it against the wall.

It broke and a coin rolled out of it.

I raised an eyebrow.

Nik walked to the coin and picked it up.

I walked to him and looked at the coin.

It was a silver coin with an eagle on it.

Me "what is that?"

Nik "a message from enemies i thought i buried long, long ago. "

He turned the coin around and behind it was a swastika.