1.21 "I Know"

At the church. morning.

I walked to the attic saw Davina sitting on the bed.

My jaw dropped "D.?"

She looked at me. I ran to her and hugged her. she hugged me back.

 i looked at her and could feel tears in my eyes "You're alive?"

 She was traumatized. 

Marcel walked to us. 

Davina shook her head, looking down "There was nothing. It was cold, empty and dark and it felt like forever. "

Marcel sat down next to her and put a hand on her shoulder "i'm sorry, D."

Davina pleaded "i don't want to talk about it. please, Marcel. Don't make me."

I put an arm around her.

---

Marcel left after a while. 

Me "D?"

She looked at me. 

I gave her a soft smile "You can talk to me"

Davina "I died...and first, i was alone, but then i heard them, voices whispering to me. "

Me "who?"

Davina "The ancestors. They were so angry with me. i used my power against my own. They said that they will do horrible things to me if i misuse my magic again. "

I hugged her "Everything is going to be fine"

---

Davina was standing by the window.

Me "The witches who forced you into that ritual lied to you- hurt you, didn't they""

I saw Davina's confused face in the reflection of the mirror. 

Me "i know what the outcome of abuse looks like, Davina"

Davina sighed, shaking her head "Ari....there's nothing you could say that could help me"

Me " let me share my experience with you"

She turned to me, surprised  "You never told me about your life"

 I sat down on the bed "till now. "

Then i took a deep breath "My father was an abusive man. Every time he came home, drunk or not, he beat my mother. My mother was a beautiful woman. He never laid a hand on me or my little sister because my mother wouldn't let him. i heard her screams and cries every night. I fell asleep to her cries. My mother died before the Mikaelsons arrived in New Orleans. One night he was drunk, really drunk. I was out that day and came home late. Very late. My mother lied to him and said that i was already in bed to protect me. But he and i knew better. Because he had seen me outside catching me sneaking in. He got so angry that he hit her over an over again. My sister, Angelica, came downstairs because of the screams. She saw her own father beating her mother to death. She and i have seen our mother die in front of our eyes because of my mistake. Since then i had volunteered myself so that he could take out his anger on me instead of Angie. I've been hit by my own father over and over again. He threw things at me like glass or hit me with wood. And to be honest, the only one who could've stopped him was my brother"

Davina asked surprised "you had a brother?"

I nodded "Jensen. He left us when dad started to hit mom"

Davina "What happened to your sister?"

Me "She died as a Vampire through the hand of Mikael"