His dark stare was chilling. His steel blue eyes seemed to stare straight through me and I froze. This was my Bucky. But my Bucky wasnt there at all. This man, that had control of my Bucky's body, was a machine. I felt Steve tense in front of me, the two of us locked eyes with the Winter Soldier. "People are going to die, Buck. I cant let that happen." Steve's voice was hoarse as he spoke. I could hear the pain in his tone, but the Winter Soldier stood unflinching, unmoving.

"Please dont make us do this." I croaked, my chest feeling tighter and my throat feeling like it was closing up. I couldn't cry. Not now. I blinked a few times to rid my vision of tears. I knew he wasnt going to budge, but I was still hoping I could get through to him. Whatever Hydra had done, they had taken away the real Bucky. They made him forget everything about himself. They were going to pay for what they had done. But in the time being, we had a mission to get done, and the Winter Soldier blocked our path.

Steve was the first one to lunge out at him with his shield. On instant reaction, the Winter Soldier yanked a gun from his belt and fired. One, two, three times. Steve blocked every shot with his shield that rang like a bell on impact. I lurched forward, Steve occupying the assassins focus. I frantically went to the keypad and hastily tried to type in the code before I was knocked away. The Winter Soldier had pulled a knife and brought his arm down in an attempt to stab me, but I blocked him. It was his strength against mine.

*****

Maggie grit her teeth as she pushed back with all of her strength. The Winter Soldiers arms were locked with hers, a battle of wits. He held his knife tightly in his metal arm, his only focus on his mission. Execute the Captain and his sister.

Steve busied himself typing in the code to the data banks while his sister grit her teeth, staring straight into the assassins cold eyes, searching for any sign of the man he once was. The metal plates of his arm locked into place, allowing for a small burst of more power to it, pushing the knife closer toward the blonde woman with tears in her eyes. Just when the soldier thought he had buried the knife into her chest, she pushed his arms to the side and a shock shot through his body. He let out a pained grunt, hiding the fact that it made the seam where his metal arm and his flesh shoulder was scarred together feel like it was on fire. The infuriated soldier turned his attention back to the Captain who had managed to open the data banks. Before he could replace the card with his own, the Winter Soldier tackled him, the pair beginning to throw punches and kicks back and forth, the occasional sound of metal hitting metal when the shield of Captain America collided with the metal arm of the Winter Soldier.

Maggie watched in horror as the soldier launched both himself and Steve over the rail of the bridge, landing on an extended ledge of the data bank hanging in the glass floored belly of the helicarrier. The override card slipped from Steve's grip and nearly tipped off the edge. Maggie's knuckles turned white as she held the rail of the bridge, watching her brother and long lost love fight each other. She glanced back down at the card on the edge of the ledge, and thought up a quick plan. She hopped over the rail and dropped down to the ledge just as the Winter Soldier pushed Steve off of the edge, causing the bruised captain to tumble down onto the glass panels below. Maggie's eyes widened when the deadly assassin focused on her now that she stood beside him and she dropped to her knees, using her weight as momentum to slide down the sloped ledge to grab the card and drop onto the glass below, with the soldier following.

In the midst of Steve's fall, he had dropped his shield some distance away from himself. As he scrambled up to his feet, a large pain struck his back. He hit the ground again in a gasp, trying to bring oxygen back into his lungs after the large impact the shield had made to him from being thrown by the Winter Soldier. Steve made it to his feet again right as he heard Maggie scream his name in a plea for help. The Winter Soldier towered over her with his gun pulled, and hers was too. He knew she would never be able to shoot him, but she was doing everything she could think of to keep him at bay.