34

One week. One whole week. That's how long it had been since my daughter was taken from me. That's how long it had been since I shared a bed with Bucky. Since I had a full conversation with him. Since I last shared a loving gaze with him, our eyes blue to hazel...

It was hard. He no longer looked at me with anger, however. He only stared at me with sorrow, heartbreak, and pure agony. Every night, I cried myself to sleep. I let my wails shake the entire built-in apartment to the Avenger compound. We were living there, since out apartment had been destroyed, again. Steve had his own apartment next door, and Bucky and I shared this one. Bucky refused to share the bed with me. Instead, he stuck to sleeping on the couch.

Through that entire week, I hardly slept. The most I got was about 20 hours of sleep through the span of seven days. And when I did sleep, it was riddled with nightmares that kept me tossing and turning. I knew Bucky could hear my cries before I slept. The first few days after she left, he didnt say a word nor look my way. But the last few days, however, I could hear his own sniffles just outside the closed door as I wailed. I never went to him, no matter how much I wanted, or needed, to. I was in pain, and I wasnt able to make myself leave the bed half the time.

The night before was no different. Sobbing, sleeping, nightmares... Then nothing. Just like usual. I was laying on my back, staring straight up at the ceiling when there came a knock on my door. "It's unlocked." I called out, not bothering to move.

I heard the door swing open, and a familiar female voice came through. "Oh, I see how it is. Won't answer the door for your best friend, huh?" Nat questioned sarcastically. I sat up slowly, blinking my eyes up at her as she entered the room, her arms crossed over her chest. A small smile made its way onto my lips at the sight of her.

"Hey, Nat." I croaked out. She gave me a sad smile and moved to sit on the bed beside me. "Bucky let you in?" I asked, looking over at her.

Her lips pressed together as she nodded. "You both look horrible. I dont blame you, though. Losing Jamie is undoubtedly hard." she frowned, reaching over and rubbing circles into my back.

"It's not just from losing Jamie... I said some things out of anger, and I think he hates me now." I frowned, twirling my thumbs in my lap.

"You're an idiot." Nat scoffed. I looked up at her with wide eyes and a scoff. "Listen,Maggie. I have never truly been in love, but when I see you two look at each other, I know it's real. He loves you and you love him. Just talk to him. Quit acting like a highschool teenager and put on your big-girl panties, okay? If you want to find Jamie, you two need to get along." she scolded. I bit at my lip solemnly, knowing she was right, and my head and shoulders dropped. I needed to talk to him. I needed to work with him in order to find Jamie easier. I stayed silent, tears building in my eyes. "Hey, Im not the only visitor here." she smiled, slinging her arm across my shoulders.

I lifted my head to look at her again. "Who else is here?" I asked.

"Sam and Clint. We managed to get them out of training the recruits. Tony said we would need the extra help. Apparently, he and Steve found a lead on some abandoned Hydra bases." she said and stood up, pulling me up with her. I forced a smile her way, still not feeling spectacular. She chuckled at me and lead me out of the room, entering the living room where everyone sat and waited. Bucky was rigid in his small corner of the couch while Clint and Sam made themselves at home, lounging about on the large recliners in blissful comfort.

Once everybody saw me, they sat up a little straighter, Bucky looking around anywhere but me. I swallowed nervously. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought. I glanced quickly at the others, but stared at Bucky. "Um... Thank you for... For helping us." I began to speak. "Before we discuss anything, can... Can Bucky and I have a little privacy? We need to talk about a few things." I said in a small voice.

"Of course, Mags." Clint smiled and stood up, Sam at his side. Nat sent me a wink and left the room with the boys. Then it was just Bucky and I.

I ran a hand through my hair and thought carefully about what to say. When the silence was too much to handle, I opened my mouth to speak, but Bucky cut me off. "Im sorry." he blurted out, finally turning his shimmering blue eyes toward me.

For one moment, I was speachless. It was as if I had heard his voice for the first time. After a few blinks to clear my vision from tears, I moved forward to sit beside him. "No, you shouldn't be. I am." I shook my head, resting it gently on his shoulder. "I am so sorry. I was being selfish." I whispered hoarsly.

"We cant fight like that, doll. It breaks my heart." Bucky said softly, making his chest rumble. I closed my eyes and put my hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat beneath his flesh. I needed this. I needed him. He draped his arms around my body and held me close. 

"Mine too, Bucky. Mine too." I whispered, curling myself deeper into his side.

"If you two could stop swooning, that would be great." Clint teased as he re-entered the room. "Tony has a good lead. The sooner we get going the better." He smirked, seeing Bucky and I both blush in embarrassment.

"We have a mission to complete. Lets go save our daughter." I stood up, confident and proud once again. Nothing was going to get in my way. Bucky smiled up at me, the light in his eyes returning, and I knew he felt the same. Together, we were going to be unstoppable.

AN: Sorry for such a short, boring update. Next chapter will be action-packed though! Finals just got through, and I've been busy with other writing opportunities as well. This book is still my number one priority!!! I am going to be starting a seperate book about BBC's Sherlock television series, but don't worry, this is still my main focus.

So, Maggie and Bucky fixed their problem! #Buggie #Macky

Votes, comments, and more are always appreciated.

Xoxo