35

"So what's the plan?" I asked, crossing my arms and standing close to Bucky. We stared at the fellow Avengers with us. Nat, Clint, Sam, Tony, and Steve. We were Jamie's rescue mission.

"I had Friday looking for anything suspicious and with the help of tin-man, we managed to locate any nearby Hydra bases." Tony explained, plopping himself down on the couch.

Clint and Nat both sat cross legged on the floor and listened intently to the conversation. "We managed to find the source of that mark. The white X." Nat spoke up. All of our heads turned toward her.

"What is it?" Bucky asked gruffly.

Nat and Clint exchanged nervous glances. "He calls himself Crossbones... Brock Rumlow. He didn't die last year in Washington." Clint answered for her.

"So he survived? I thought he was crushed by that building I got stuck in." Sam frowned, staring back at Clint.

"Maybe that's his motive." I spoke up in a shaky voice. "To get revenge."

All heads turned my way. He was using my daughter for revenge. I bit my lip to hold back the tears that threatened to spill from my lids and Bucky stared at me with soft, doughy eyes.

"Well, we know where he is. We can suit up and go after him. Friday has his location locked down in a Hydra base in Berlin. We need to go now if we are going to get Jamie back." Tony spoke up, looking down at his alert from Friday.

Steve sighed and nodded. "Suit up, gang." he said with a heavy heart. My pulse quickened and thundered in my ears as I bolted to my room, tearing down my combat suit from its place in my closet. Stripping myself of my civilian ware, I began to pull on my uniform as Bucky entered quietly, changing into his own thick black pants and leather jacket, one arm ripped off to reveal the metal arm beneath the fabric. As soon as we were done and stocked with weapons, I panted and turned to Bucky, hope gleaming in my eyes. "We're going to get her back. We must."

Bucky nodded and stepped closer to me, grabbing my hips amd pulling me to him, pressing his lips firmly to mine for a split second. "Yes, we are. She needs us just as much as we need her. Stay close to me in there, okay? I know Hydra agents tactics better than anyone." he said softly.

I nodded, slightly smiling. "Okay."

**********

The vibration of the jet shook me to the bone as it flew. I was strapped in, facing Bucky on the other side in our rows of seats. Steve was beside me and Sam was beside Bucky while the others gathered at the front of the jet, flying it and reading the terrain on a digital map.

I felt Bucky and Steve staring at me, watching as I tested my gloves. Holding one hand up in front of my face, I hit the button and arcs of blue electricity sprawled over the black fabric, popping and crackling as it did. Over and over, I toyed with it, turning it on and off. That was how I was distracting myself from anxiety. I needed to be totally calm and focused for this mission to succeed.

"We're gonna be landing in about ten minutes. Hold on to your butts." Clint said from the pilot chair. Steve shot him a warning look and Tony began to chuckle.

"Language, Barton. Remember?" He laughed.

"Tony, now is not the time for joking." Steve snapped, causing Tony to glance at Bucky and I with regret.

"Yeah. Of course. Sorry." he apologized. His soft, brown eyes lingered on me, swollen with guilt, before he turned back to the pilot station. I sighed and rubbed a hand down my face, waiting to land. Time seemed to last forever before we actually touched the ground, and soon we all were standing up and equiping ourselves with gear.

"Time to rock this thing." Bucky said softly, hitting the switch to open the jet door. The hydraulic doors squealed as they lowered into a ramp for us to walk out of. We had landed in a golden field of grass, no sight of civilization anywhere. All except for a metal hatch buried into the dirt some yards away. "That's the door. I recognize it." Bucky said.

"Well, let's bust it open, then." I said, cocking my head, marching out of the jet with the others following behind. I stopped in front of the doors and crossed my arms. "Bucky, you're up."

"I think I still remember the code, but I can't be too sure. If I get this wrong, be ready to defend. Hydra will know we are here." he said with a sigh, going to the hatch and kneeling down as the others crowded around nervously. He brushed dirt off of the top of the hatch and found a small keypad that was hidden by weeds. Bucky closed his eyes, his fingers hovering over the keypad hesitantly before he pressed a button. Nothing. He pressed another. Nobody came. Four more buttons and a hydraulic whoosh came, the locks to the door opening suddenly.

"Looks like we are in." I said, cocking my head as Bucky stood up. "I'm going in first."

"You most definitely are not." Bucky said, boring his eyes into me. "I know this place better than any of you. I'm going in."

I scoffed and shook my head. "No way." I said.

"Both of you shut up. I'm the only bullet proof guy here. If anyone is waiting down there ready to shoot, I won't get killed." Tony said, stepping between us. I pressed my lips together and sighed through my nose, glancing at him.

"I suppose he's got a point." I muttered bitterly.

Bucky nodded slowly, glancing at him. "Yeah." He agreed as Tony closed the metal helmet around his head, matching the rest of his Iron Man suit. He looked down the hatch and sighed.

"Here goes nothing." He muttered, taking the first step down the latter.

Except it wasn't nothing. It never was. And we had no idea what to expect of the next few hours. Rumlow was my target. I was going to kill him slowly, intimately, because of the pain he has caused to my family.

Only then did I realize that Tony had reached the bottom, and that's when I heard the gunshots.

AN: I am so sorry it has taken me this long to update! I have been so busy with school and sports and I've recently got into RP groups and new stories, I have hardly had timr for this story! Plus, writers block. Im going to try to update again in a few weeks after all of my final exams are finished, dont give up on me or this story yet!! Xx there is still lots to come. While you're waiting, check out some of my other works!