Chapter Twenty-Two: The Kiss

{Dan}

Dan was sitting around inside of the café waiting patiently for Sera to get there. It had surprised her greatly when Sera suddenly suggested they went out alone. Sera never bothered to call or text her first so she was excited and nervous at the same time. She hoped she hadn't done anything to anger Sera. This was all that she could think of as she was looking down at her coffee and bit down on her lip. Dan was told that the next time they would be seeing each other would be during the New Year's festival with everyone else. So, being able to see Sera sooner made Dan happy.

Speaking of, when mikhail told them that they were all going out with Nico, Max, and Sera he also told them he was dating Nico, she almost didnt believe him. Not that they were a bad match for one another but it just seemed impossible to her that Mikhail actually had shown interest in Nico, because otherwise there was no way he would ever agree to going out. Mikhail was the kind of guy that didn't do anthing half-assed. She would be lying if she said she never expected it. The way Mikhail reacted around Nico was enough evidence she needed to know that they had something going on. Just like she had a hunch Dylan and Max were into eachother. Dan was a little concerned about that relatioship moving forward but as long as Dylan didn't do anthing that would label him as a sex offender, she wouldn't stick her nose into their business.

"Did you wait long?" Dan looked up and saw that Sera took off her scarf and took a seat across from her.

"N-not at all! I just got here a few minutes- seconds ago. Don't worry." Dan stuttered. Although she had actually gotten there a whole forty minutes earlier. Dan fixed her posture and looked at Sera eagerly, much like a dog waiting to be acknowledged by it's owner.

Sera laughed softly and nodded, "There was surprisingly a lot of traffic on the way here. Nico dropped me off on the way home." Dan found herself staring at the perfection that was Sera. Her red hair showed no signs of fading or of the roots growing in. It fell effortlessly on her shoulders and bounced around everytime she moved her head. Sera's eyes that scanned the menu made Dan lose her mind every time they glanced up at her. Sera's lips slightly parted as she focused and silently read the menu to herself. Dan couldn't stop her eyes from looking down towards Sera's collarbones and chest. She gulped down roughly and shook her head and forced herself to look out the window so that she would think of anything perverted.

There weren't many people moving around outside. Christmas was over but most were still on their break from work and school. Only a few office workers and couples were seen moving past the window every once in a while. Even inside the café, only a few table were filled so it was mostly quiet.

She couldn't help but let out a small sigh. Time really was passing her by in the blink of an eye. Soon, she would be graduating alongside Mikhail and Dylan and yet she didn't even know what she was going to do afterward. She didn't have many interests. Sure, she did sports but that was only something she did so that she wouldn't spend all her time alone in her huge house. Her parents worked a lot and she hated being alone. Things were going to change after graduation. It seemed like everyone was finding their own paths while she couldn't even do that.

Mikhail had his mother's shop. Dylan had his photography career he wanted to follow and his grandparents hotel to fall back on. Sure, Dan had successful parents who could give her a job but she knew that she would automatically be hated by the other employees if she used her parents as connections. Somehow, Dan didn't think any of it was fair.

"You okay?" Sera asked.

"Huh?" Dan looked up. A waiter was already walking away so she figured Sera had already ordered. "You spaced out and sighed dramatically." Sera smiled.