Smile Is Prohibited

"Please move toward the dissection hall."said a security guard standing on the college gate. "Its on the end on corridor on right side." Three months have passed since the court ordered the retest. I have successfully qualified the Re AIPMT to get admission into this college.It was the date of 24 september 2015. The very first of the college.
It was a long corridor with about 15 rooms on both the side. The board over the rooms mentioned the name of professors who sit in the respective room. Dr. Vizhi, Senior Professor was written on the first board. 'What a wierd name?' I thought. Dr. Vijay, Assistant Professor on the next. 'Yes it is a familiar one.'
At the end of the corridor was a big aluminium door 'The Dissection Hall-The Dead Teach The Living' was painting on the glass just above the door. It was a huge hall with 10 metallic tables. On the last table were sitting my friends from the coaching. "Hey guys!" I exclaimed. "Hi" Himanshu replied. Himanshu was a tall boy with excessive hair growth all over his body therefore also called polar bear sometimes. Beside him were sitting Sahil and Saksham. Sahil was an egoistic person and doesn't care about anyone else except him. Aditya had not arrived yet. I sat there. "I thought you will be coming in the uniform." Sahil asked. "Everyone was refusing to wear, so neither did I."
"Line Up!"came a voice. A tall man of strong built was standing at the door wearing a white coat. "Everyone line up and follow me to the lecture theatre. And no one is supposed to break the line." We did as told. We followed him to new, elegant building behind the main college building. Lecture Theatre 2 was painted above the door. It was a huge staircase hall with seating capacity of over 400. A projector hung overhead. In front, there was a stage and a screen. A moveable blackboard was kept at a side. We sat on the benches which were more like sofas, just perfect to sleep during a boring lecture. "Silent students." A young and beautiful lady wearing spectacles came shouting. "I want absolute silence."
It was very unexpectable from a lady so pretty to be shouting like this. "Good morning students. I am Dr. Arpana. Assistant Proffesor in department of Anatomy." she said. Accompanying her were two more women and two men. One of them was the same one who brought us here. "They are Dr. Kishan, Dr. Rahul, Dr. Veena and Dr. Pinky."she said pointing toward the other doctors standing beside her. Suddenly the front door open and Aditya entered in. "Get out" she shouted. Aditya gave a surprised expression. "Haven't you gone to school? Don't you know how to enter in the class. First go out, ask and the come in." Frightened by her, he did as directed. "Are you suppossed to smile while asking for permission?" She again shouted. "Go out and ask again. This time without smiling." He again went out and came in asking "May I come in ma'am."
"Yes. Come in and take your seat."
I waved him a hand, he came and sat beside me. I was trying not to laugh on his situation as I heard Dr. Aparna bark again "Hey you! Why are you smiling so much?"pointing toward me.
"Ma'am it was always my dream to study in a medical school and today I am here. I am enjoying very much." I said.
"Out of the class. Leave."
I pulled myself back quickly from my chain of thoughts.
She was starring at me in anger.
"Stand up." She order. I was about to stand, just then the person sitting in front of me stood up. Thankgod she was talking to him, not me.
"Yes, whats your name?"she asked.
"Ma'am Kartik"replied the boy with nerdy look.
"Keep standing. Now Dr. Kishan will take the attendance of A batch students. These are temporary batch as you have not been alloted roll numbers yet. Please pay attention." Dr. Kishan was a chubby looking man with a slight dark complexion. "Aakanksha" he started. In school it was common to have two persons with same name. But unexpected things happens in college. "Amit." He called and five boys stood up. "All five are Amit?"he asked.
They replied in positive. "Call by their father's name."adviced Dr. Rahul. "Amit son of Ram Chandra."
He called. "Present sir" replied a guy with patches of gray hair and a jackal like face. "Amit son of Swarup." Another guy replied. I was not in the A batch.
Then Dr. Veena started the attendance of B batch.
"You are still smiling!" Dr. Aparna barked again at Kartik. "It seems that he will be sentenced to death." Aditya whisphered in my ear. "Don't make me laugh." I told him.
"Come and stand near the stage. Shameless fellow. Dr. Veena you continue."
I was the first one to be called.
At the end Aditya was in A batch, I in B batch with Himanshu and Saksham and Sahil in D batch.
Then entered a middle aged man with grey hair, wearing a knee length white coat along with a dozen of people. Dr. Rahul signalled us to stand. We all stood up. "Sit. Sit." He said. "He is our vice chancellor. Dr. Chabbra."said Sahil.
"Seems to be an influential person!" Himanshu exclaimed. Ofcourse vice chancellor in an influential designation. He reached to the stage. Dr. Arpana handed over the mic to him.
"Good Morning students." He said.
"Welcome to National Medical College, New Delhi."