The Freshers

My whole world was shaken. I was standing there, watching all my dreams getting shattered like a glass, and couldn't do anything.
Dikshit was standing besides me and was laughing out loud on my condition. I gave him a slap behind his neck.
"Shut up and move." I said.
He gave me a annoyed look first and then again started laughing.
We both moved in. I decided to divert my mind to the party and not think about all that. But, as soon as I entered, the very first thing I checked was Bhavya's position. And to my immense relief, she was not sitting with Kunal.
We occupied the third bench. The lecture theatre was decorated with balloons all over. Almost everyone was there by then. All the senior girls were wearing Saree with backless blouse and were looking ravishing.
"Good evening guys and girls." Dr. Rajiv was on the dice.
"Our guests are coming in a short while. Lets have some games till then. May I request Dr. Ankur to join us and continue."
Then came a well built boy with a dark complexion. "Good evening all." He said.
"I am the host for the evening. And we will be starting with the paper dance." After the paper dance, the next one was a couple game. The female partner was blindfolded and has to put bindis on the male partner's face.
The benches in front of us were filled by senior girls.
"Do you have any idea what's inside this?" Dikshit asked me, pointing toward the gift pack given outside the theatre.
"No." I replied.
"Let's open it then."
There was a sculpture of Ganesh inside it.
"Have you ever played with marbels?" Dikshit asked me while crushing the wrapper of the gift in his hand like a ball.
"Nopes."
"Let me show you." He placed the ball on the table and stricked it with his middle finger.
The ball went into the air to hit the bare back of a senior girl sitting two rows ahead.
She turned back angrily.
"Sorry." said Dikshit frightened.
She turned back.
"You better be careful." I said, laughing.
Just then the door opened and entered Dr. Goyal, a bald man with a dark complexion. He was the Dean, student's welfare and the cheif guest for that day.
He was followed by Dr. Vikas of anatomy, a middle aged man with grey hair who used to carry a stick.
Dr. Rajeev came quickly to the stage.
"I would like to welcome Dr. Goyal and Dr. Vikas. They will be the judge for Mr. And Miss. Freshers. Sir, please have a seat." They both occupied the front seat.
"So, we should start with our first performance." Dr. Ankur was back on the mic. "I would like to call Nehal to sing a song."
Nehal was a chubby girl, wearing a gown and was looking very pretty that day. She sang Hasi, very beautifully. Next was a dance performance by Devyanshi and Sejal. Sejal was another very beautiful and popular girl. After another few performances and a question answer round Sejal was declared Miss Freshers and Raminder,  a silly boy who sang Challa.
"Aren't you hungry?" I asked Dikshit. It was almost 7 p.m.  Dr. Goyal's ending speech was going on.
"Okay. Let's go." he said. 
We were about to go just then a heart shaped balloon came and kissed Dikshit on his lips.
"Hey please pass on the balloon." A senior girl said. Dikshit blushed and passed on the balloon to her.
"Thanks" she said and went back to her seat.
"You are looking quite happy." I mocked him. He didn't replied but smiled.
A snacks and drinks stall was set up behind the theatre. We took a coke with some pakodas.
By that time the function on the L. T. was over and everyone rushed towards the snacks stall.
"We were wise to come early." said Dikshit.
"Yup." I replied.
Just then came the noise of the DJ. It was playing  Att kardi by Jassie Gill.  And Bhavya was dancing just in front of me. I couldn't help but watch her. She was looking so beautiful, so gorgeous. And then the scene where she was standing with Kunal flashed in front of my eyes. My heart ached once again.
I decided to go away.  "Hey Garvit."  A voice came from behind. It was Devyanshi.
"Come, dance with us."  My heart was throbbing. I slowly moved toward them. "Hey Garvit." Bhavya said. "I refused to came with you. Please don't mind. Wasn't that the reason you left the group?" she asked.
Yes ofcourse that was the only reason. You shattered my dreams and asking me to not mind? I will mind. I am very upset.
But the only thing I said was, "No. I didn't mind."