The Bell Rings

"There is a chance that the sound came from outside. So I am forgiving it this time."said Dr. Aparna.
Everyone took a relaxing breath.
In the evening it was D Hall. I was alloted the last table.
"I am your table teacher for upper limb." said Dr. Veena. Dr. Veena was the final year post graduate student, with a short height, wheatish complexion and an untidy pony. "Open your cunningham and start reading."
Cunningham was the standard book for anatomy. The blue cover the book showed the back of a man with all the muscles exposed. On the top was printed in white 'Cunningham's Mannual of Practical Anatomy'. The first chapter was titled 'Introductory term'. We read the first two lines of the chapter and What the fuck? We were not able to understand even a single word of it. "Did you get it?"asked Dr. Veena.
"No ma'am"replied a beautiful girl with short height and fair expression.
"Okay, let me explain line by line.Normal Anatomical position"she started. For next twenty minutes she explained terms like anatomical planes and movements of various joints.
"I think thats enough for today."
"Yes ma'am." We all said in unison.
"Okay. Actually due to high load of dengue fever in have been posted in casuality. So I will not be coming for next week but Dr. Aparna will take your class."
Dr. Aparna proved to be a nice teacher in D hall in contrast to her rude behaviour in the lecture theatre. But there was only problem. "You are not allowed to sit during the 2 hours of D hall."she said. This proved to be the most difficult job. In one hour our legs started to ache. And a girl fainted. 'Postural syncope in medical terms.'
Another bigger torture was community medicine practicals.
"Good morning students."wished Dr. Ram, a man with short height, brown complexion and highly oiled hair. He used to take the class outside the lecture theatre. It used to be one hour good habits speech and then a visit to the field.
"Most of the students that come to the college are non smokers and alcholics."
He said. "But most of them leave as smoker and alcholics. So we will take a oath."
This was the third time we were taking this pledge. But this it was a bit different. "Yes, please you come on the stage."he was pointing toward a tall and lean boy with a dark complexion. "This time you will make them take oath. And I want a volunteer from girls too. Yes you please."
I turned to my side. He was pointing toward a tall, slim and fair girl. She was wearing spectacles. Her hair were tied in a pony with a midline furrow in front. I usually do not pay much attention to girls but she had something special. I felt an unusual attraction toward her.She moved slowly to the stage and smiled. On smiling her face went red.
At that moment a bell rang in my heart. I was not able to feel the earth beneath my feet. My heart was floating. My brain was flushing with dopamine. It was a new kind of feeling. Probably it was the love.