Farewell My Friend

The cancellation of the party wasn't of a great matter to me but the immediate effect could be seen on Gaurav. He used to come on the table only in the presence of the teacher, rest of the time he used to spend roaming on other tables like a nomad.
But his place was taken by Ashwin. He used to frequently come to our table. But what was the reason? Was it Bhavya? But I haven't seen them together after that game in the class party.
"Why does Ashwin spend time on our table then his own?" I asked Aditya as he was his tablemate. "Is this something related to girls?"
" Ofcourse." He replied.
"About whom?"
" Bhavya obviously. Ohh! I Forgot. You weren't there during the truth and dare game. He confessed that he likes her. "
"Yeah I do." A voice from behind startled us.
It was Ashwin. He appeared out of nowhere.
"Do you have any problem? Garvit." he asked.
"No no. Why do I have a problem? " I lied.
"She is your table mate, so I thought you might have a problem."
"No. I don't."
Ofcourse I had a problem. He was trying to impress my Bhavya. But somewhere deep inside I knew that he won't succeed. And I haven't told anyone about my crush. So, I thought it would be better for me to remain a silent lover for some more time.
The friendship between me and Bhavya was becoming stronger day by day. Besides Bhavya, Devyanshi also became a good friend of mine. But this thing didn't seemed to suit Sahil.
Holi was coming and it was to be celebrated in the playground. I got the message from Devyanshi. But I didn't went as I don't like playing holi.
Next day I appreciated my decision because I came to know that it was played with mud instead of colours.
After the lectures Sahil and Himanshu were standing in the parking, probably waiting for Devyanshi.
"Hey Sahil, did you came for the Holi yesterday?"
I asked.
He gave me an annoying look, waved his hand towards me in a rude fashion and turned his head away. That was a very rude gesture.
"No, we didn't. " said Himanshu with a smile, probably trying to cover up what Sahil has done. I didn't mind that much, may be he was in a bad mood.
But he was not the only one who was in the bad mood that day. In the physiology everyone was gathering for demonstration that day.
A seat was vacant besides the Bhavya. I was about to sit there just then came Ashwin.
"Hey go and sit at the seat next to Bhavya." I said.
"No" He said with a fake smile.
"What happened?"
"Dude. She had become egoistic."
"What? Bhavya and egoistic? What are you saying?"
"Never mind. You go and sit with her."
"Leave her. I will sit with you."
It was quite obvious that Bhavya had rejected him. But it was not very surprising as I already knew that it was about to happen.
After the class finished I went to the parking where Himanshu was standing.
"Are you waiting for Bhabhi?" I mocked him.
"You are an outsider. You can't joke with us. Understand." A voice came. It was Sahil who was coming out of the college building.
"Okay then." I said leaving. This was probably the first time that I felt hurt from what someone had said to me. I thought he was my friend.
But for him I was just a outsider.