Time For A Change

This wasn't maxillary artery. Then what could it be? "Is maxillary artery so superficial?" she asked.
Oh shit. "Sorry ma'am, it's the parotid duct." I said quickly.
"You have made so many mistakes I can't pass you in this condition. Tell me something else. Your choice."
"Ma'am ansa cervicalis"
"What does it supply?"
"Infrahyoid muscles."
"Name them." she said annoyed.
"Thyrohyoid, sternohyoid and inferior belly of omohyoid."
"Okay you can go."
She picked a pencil and wrote 4.5/10 against my name in her register.
Shit! She failed me. I went away and sat on a stool besides her table with the other students.
"Spinous process of submental fossa? Are you mad?" Aditya whispered in my ears. "Don't you know she hate guessing and blunders." He had listened to all my viva.
I was depressed. What I have done? This was the third time such a thing has happened to me.
There was absolutely some flaw in my manner of studying.
Aditya enjoyed that whole day in telling my story to everyone in the college.
"She would die in a handful of water. No, by her size she would need at least a bucket." said Himanshu laughing. We were sitting in the garden outside the main college building.
Just then came Sahil. "You promised Devyanshi a birthday party." he asked Kunal.
"Yup." He replied.
"I have asked you to focus on Deepika. I talked to her yesterday about you. Let me show you the chat. Come with me. "
And he took him to the bench nearby. When he came back he seems to be quiet happy.
"What happened?" I asked.
"None of your business." replied Sahil.
Sahil was an egoistic person. He had a habit of insulting people.
But that doesn't matter that day. The primary concern for me was to change my manner of studying.
I decided to make notes while thinking it might help. And it does. Next day the fate seems to be with me.
I have studied the palate last day and it was the topic of mini lecture in the D Hall. I was carrying my notes with me in the D Hall and Devyanshi saw them.
"Will you show these to me? " she asked. I gave those to her. Bhavya was sitting besides her.
"Will you teach me?" she asked. "I didn't get it during the lecture."
"Ofcourse." I replied.
That was a great feeling which you get when you teach your crush. That day I got a new inspiration to study that was to teach Bhavya and a way to impress Bhavya by teaching her.
The Head and neck stage was next week and it was bang on. But the only table that go wrong was Dr.  Ghanshyam again.
He was inviting two students at a time. I was called with Dikshit.
"Your name is Dikshit?" he asked.
"Yes sir." he replied.
"Sir, isn't Dikshit a surname?" Dr.  Ghanshyam asked Dr.  Vijay who was sitting on the table next to him.
"Madhuri Dixit and Sheila Dixit have their surname Dixit but his name is Dikshit." Dr. Vijay replied. "Ask him may be his surname be Madhuri or Sheila." They both gave a loud laugh. Even it became hard for me to control my laughter.
"Garvit from where are you?" Dr.  Ghanshyam asked me. "Sir, Rohtak" I replied.
"Dr. Vijay,  Rohtak residents are identified uniquely. " he said.
Dr.  Vijay was from Rohtak too.
"How?" he asked, excited.
"They are the dirtiest of all."
On this Dr. Vijay's smile vanished. He felt insulted.
"See his apron. It's so yellow." Dr. Ghanshyam said. "Next time use indigo while washing."
I shook my head in a positive note.
"Now tell me what is it?" he asked while pointing towards a maroon colour triangular structure in a sagittal section of head placed on the table.
"Genioglossus" I said.
"Wrong."