No Party

"This is the tongue." said Dr. Ghanshyam.
"Genioglossus is mere a muscle of tongue."
Dr.  Pinky had told us to call it Genioglossus whenever asked in the viva. Why didn't all members of the department agree to each others answers?
"Okay so tell me all the muscles of tongue." he asked. I listed them all.
"And the nerve supply. "
" Anterior 2/3rd by facial nerve, posterior 1/3rd glossopharyngeal nerve and posterior most by vagus nerve. "
" And motor supply?"
"Motor supply... "
Oh shit. The name was on the tip of my tongue but it wasn't coming out. But this time it wouldn't let it go wrong.
" Wait a minute sir I knew it."
I tried hard and the name finally came out.
"Hypoglossal nerve."
"You waved your hand in the air for so long and up saying just one word, hypoglossal nerve. You tell." he said while pointing towards Dikshit.
"Sir, all muscles are supplied by hypoglossal nerve except the palatoglossus which is supplied by vagus nerve."
"Okay you can go. " he said.
This time the viva was mixed type. So, there was a confusion,  will I pass or fail.

"I topped on table." Devyanshi came shouting to me the next week.
"Is the result out?" I asked.
"Yup. See I got 60 and you got 55." She showed me the snap of the result in her phone.
"Really." I quickly snatched the mobile from her hand and zoomed in to see the result.
It had a table of roll numbers and marks obtained.
Roll number 4..I scrolled right.. 95..I scrolled down. Yes there it was 110.. 55 marks.
"Yes I passed for the first time in the college." I shouted in excitement.
"Congratulations." shouted Sahil who was standing a few metres away, laughing.
And Devyanshi went to him smiling.
Sahil and Devyanshi were dating nowadays. And poor Kunal, he neither got Devyanshi nor Deepika.
"Be ready for the table party today." she reminded me while leaving.
That evening we have planned the table party at the Barbecue Nation outlet nearby.
After college I quickly went to my room and got ready for the party. I was expecting some progress in my relationship with Bhavya that day. I called Gaurav to ask when to leave. His room was in the other block.
"Hello Gaurav. In how much will you be ready?"
I asked.
And his reply was. "The Party is cancelled."
"What?"
"Yes. Check the whatsapp group."
I disconnected the call and quickly opened the whatsapp.
It showed 100 new messages.
I opened the group which was now renamed to 'Vellapanti point'  from  'Appreciate the nature' after what happened that day.
And in those 100 messages was only one thing. Girls refusing to come and boys trying to convince them. And at last party cancelled.