Rules,Rules and Rules!

"You might be thinking if you have took admission in the right college." said the Vice chancellor. "So let me assure you. Yes! You have done the right thing. Its amoung the top 10 government medical college in India." He continued his speech for next 10 minutes and then left with his companions. 'So what were we suppossed to do now?' I thought.
Then entered an old lady wearing very heavy makeup. She was followed by a man holding a laptop who was for sure not a doctor. He placed the laptop on the lecture stand and connected it to the projector. The projector lit up and the screen in front displayed
'The Department of Anatomy Welcomes You, by Dr. Kanta.'
"She is the Head of Department." whispered Sahil.
"I am Dr. Kanta."she started.
Her was voice was a bit low with a forced British ascent. The next couple of slides showed the names of faculty members. The next slide showed various rules to be followed in college. "You have to follow these rules, otherwise there is a provision of a varity of punishments." she said. "You should have altleast 75% attendance in theory and praticals, and 35% internal assessment to be eligible for the university exams." "That seems to easy." I thought. She was not very interactive; all she doing was just simply read the slides. "You have to wear a uniform during the classes. For boys white shirt, white trouser, black tie and black shoes. Girls have to wear white suit with dupatta and black sandal."
"Looks like a funeral dress." Aditya whispered.
"And aprons upto knee length. Boys should be clean shaved. No moustache, no beard. Girls should have their hairs tied in plait."
She went on reading the rules. These were more or less like the ones in the school. I was thinking were these rules only for namesake or were meant to be followed. The doubt was cleared the very next day.
"Why aren't you clean shaved? You are marked absent today." Dr. Aparna barked at me.  I was punished on the very first day. It was the histology class and Dr. Aparna has told us to draw a microscope in our files. We were copying it from the Physiology file. Suddenly a phone rang. "Who's mobile phone is this?"asked Dr. Aparna. Mobile phone was prohibited in the campus. But almost everyone was carrying one. "I am very infamous for throwing mobile phone in formalin tank. You can ask you seniors. So either tell me whose phone this was or I will check all of you." Everyones eyes widened with fear. It was the girl sitting besides me whose phone rung. But everyone kept quite for a couple of minutes.
"Okay then." Dr. Aparna broke the silence.