The New Year's Gift

"Dr. Rahul has asked C and D batch to observe a mass bunk on 1 January."  Himanshu said.
"So, are we supposed to come? " I asked.
"I don't know. "
There were winter vacation form the next day till 31 December. But we can't enjoy them properly as there was physiology test on 2 January.
"Hey! Kunal." Sahil came shouting.
"Do you know any Deepika?" he asked.
"Yeah. But what happened? "  Kunal replied.
" Yesterday, she saw our group photo and asked while pointing towards your pic that who is this cute guy?"
"Cute and Kunal." mocked Himanshu.
Everyone laughed.
"I told her that it was you. And she was shocked.
I think she likes you. "
Kunal blushed and went away.
The winter vacation were all a waste of time.
We decided to attend the college on 1 January as it was the first day and it's not fair to bunk the very first day.
That was a foggy day. I was the only one when I reached the college. So, I decided to wait for others in the parking. Himanshu and Aditya came in a few minutes.
"Happy New year" we wished each other and started walking towards the physiology lab.
And on the way we met Dr. Kishan.
"Are you guys mad?" he asked. "You are coming for the class on 1st January. No one is interested in teaching today."
"Sir, we are here for lectures and tutorials only." we replied.  "Okay.  But don't dare to come to the D Hall. And Happy New year."
"Happy New year sir. " we wished and left.
"Happy New year Garvit." A voice came from behind.  It was Bhavya.
"Happy New year. But you were saying that you won't come. "
"Plan changed. Are you attending the D Hall?"
"No we are here only till the lunch break."
"Ohh.  Divya was asking and I told him that we are. "
" Doesn't matter. Just tell him now or I will manage."
We did as directed and didn't attended the D Hall that day.
Next day too the strength was short in the D Hall as in the evening there was physiology test, so everyone was preparing for it.
But our table students were very much regular. 10 out of 12 were present that day but carrying A. K.  Jain with Cunningham's.
"Yes, one student from each table come forward." A voice came from front table. It was Dr.  Kanta.
"Dikshit go. " I said. " Yes Dikshit. Dikshit" Everyone started. It was our normal habit of sending Dikshit whenever called to front table.
He came back after a few minutes.
"What was she saying? " I asked.
"You had a bunk yesterday."  he started. "And earlier two bunks for Diwali and one for Class party.  But it's new year,  so you should get a new year gift."