A Tight Slap

"Have you asked anyone for the party?" Aditya asked me. He was back in the class, still sick.
"Ya. But it was of no use." I replied.
"Whom?"
"I'll tell you later."
The party was in the evening that day. And we have planned to bunk the evening D Hall. Girls went even early. Probably, they had appointment with beauticians. Aditya wasn't coming to the party. He also had an appointment but with a doctor not with beautician. We left after the biochemistry lecture. We were crossing the Anatomy Department, just then Aditya hit an elbow in my waist.
"What happened? I asked.
"Where are you going?" a voice startled me.
It was Dr. Vizhi.
"Whose class is this?" she asked.
"Ma'am Bio.. " I started but was interrupted by Aditya.
"It's D Hall."
I gave him an annoyed look.
"Then where are you going?" she asked angrily.
"I have Hepatitis. So, I have to go and see a doctor." Aditya said.
"And you?" she asked pointing towards me.
"I have to accompany him." I replied promptly.
"Wow. Great. One has to go to doctor and other has to accompany him." she said sarcastically.
We left as quickly as possible directly to my room. It was a narrow escape. Aditya went to his uncle's.
I was on the way to hostel when my phone rang. It was a message on the group from Devyanshi. I was added back to it. It read, "Sorry Garvit."
Just then another message came. This time from Bhavya. It was also a sorry message.
"Its okay" I replied. On reaching the room there were still about 3 hours left for the party.
So I decided to have a small nap. But it was not easy that day. I spent about an hour in my bed thinking about Bhavya.
About what happened last day.
It was about 2:30 when Dikshit came to my room.
He had bought my clothes from the laundry.
"Thanks" I said.
"Be ready. Quick." He said while leaving.
Last evening I had bought a dark blue shirt, a grey pant and a golden yellow tie with brown spots.
The previous plan of black shirt and red tie was cancelled after Bhavya refused to accompany me. I was putting on the shoes when Dikshit came back. He was a white shirt, black pants and a Nehru jacket. He refused to wear a tie saying, "Be different. People will notice you."
It was his this attitude only which makes his fun everywhere.
"Aren't you ready yet?" he asked.
I checked the time. It was 3:13 only.
"Is it mother's wedding, we are going to? The party time is 4 o'clock. What would you do there so early?" I replied, annoyed.
"Don't we have to do lunch?" he asked.
"Ohh! I forgot. Let's go. " I replied laughing.
The mess was off that day due to the party. So, we went to the Duodenum, our college canteen.
It was already full. Everyone was there elegantly dressed up. We ordered a masala dosa and spring roll. After having lunch we departed for the party. It was in the lecture theatre 5.
On the way we were overtaken by a bus full of girls.
"Hurry. We have to be there before girls go in." I said. We increased our pace.
Lecture theatre was decorated with flowers at the entrance. A tent was erected in the yard nearby. Caterers were preparing for evening. The DJ was yet to come as can't be seen there. Some seniors were coordinating them. The senior girls were wearing saree and were looking gorgeous. The bus was parked near the entrance and the girls were coming out. Most of them, by the first look appeared to be wearing gowns and salwaar suit.
Gaurav was standing there waiting for us
"Hey bro! Looking nice. Let's click some photos." He said. "Sure." I replied.
Just then came Dr. Rajiv.
"Couples please start entering, we are already running late of the time." He said.
At this, all the couples formed a queue at the gate. Sahil and Devyanshi were the first. Two senior girls were standing at the gate. One was wearing a black saree and the other an orange one. They were handling each of them a small gift pack and a coupon for the games to played.
One by one the couples started entering.
I was looking for Bhavya among the group of girls standing at the distance, but she was nowhere to be seen. Then the singles started entering. "Let's go." Dikshit said. "We will sit in the front row,  so can get some good photos clicked."
"Good idea." I replied.
We headed towards the entrance and the got a look of her. She was standing with Muskan. The girl who was proposed during the class party. Bhavya was wearing a peach colour, full length kurta with pyjami. Her hair were straightened with a white rose placed in them. She had replaced her black spectacles with white ones.
She also queued up with Muskan in front of her.  Kunal was moving standing besides Muskan. At this I remembered that he was saying of going with Bhavya. I took a relaxing breath that he is going with Muskan, not Bhavya.
But what happened next was unexpected. Muskan moved forward and entered alone. Whereas Kunal entered with Bhavya. I was standing there dumbstruck.
Had anyone ever suddenly given you a tight slap? That slap is known as love. And that hits even harder when a third person comes in between. And in my case that hit me on both sides of my face, as that person was none other than one of my best friends.