The Year Ends

At last, the final practical exams were there.  They were nothing like the stage. Since the syllabus was huge, only superficial things were being asked. And everything seems to be going superb untill the embryology viva began.
The table in the centre of the D hall was setup for it. A white table cloth was put on it and all the models in the museum were put there. Embryology was the subject, everyone reads only a day before the exam and was considered an easy subject.
A sardarji with a white beard was sitting on the table. By face he was looking easy going. But as said, never go by face. He was the one asking the most difficult question.
"So, which model will you explain?" he asked.
There were a number of models. One, showing the folding of heart, other one showing development of chambers of the heart, then one showing the development of the face, one of the rectum and one showing folding of embryo.
"That one, sir." I said, while pointing towards the one showing the development of the chambers of the heart.
"Okay, then tell me what are these?" he pointed towards three small tubes coming out from the lower border of the heart.
I had thought that he would ask about the septum, but what he asked; about the tubes.
"Sorry sir, I don't know." I replied.
"Okay, tell me about the this one." he asked while pointing towards the one showing the folding of the embryo.
I started labelling the model but skipped one label and he caught it. "What is this?" He asked while pointing towards that particular part.
I shook my head. And then he started asking about those parts in the models which were not even labelled in the museum.
Now I understand why the white table cloth was placed on the table. You can use it as your coffin, If you want to die after giving the viva.
After about fifteen minutes of viva he gave me 5 out of 10. But, at least I passed and it was over.
And it was not only the end of an year, it was the end of an era. As the things were never gonna be same anymore.
There was an immediate change in everyone's behaviour. But a positive change.
That were the golden times. For about a month everybody seemed to be very lovy dovy type, flaunting about the values of friendship. Every day started with a series of good mornings in the group. And moreover, tagging in memes, which is considered as the gold standard to prove your friendship in today's world. We used to share our whole day schedule with each other. Even I started thinking that Bhavya has also started liking me. She called me filmy aashiq once and my expectations from her suddenly increased. And that was when the time played its move. The vacations extended for an another month and by the mid of that month, that bond of friendship started fading. Bhavya started ignoring me. And why? I failed to understand. May be she was more busy at home. Moreover, Devyanshi broke up with Sahil. The relationship which they wanted to turn into a marriage ended. And the reason again remains a secret. But the consequences were dramatic.