The Coupling

That was probably the last time I and Sahil spoke to each other. The weather became warm as the April approaches. The strictness in the D hall was reducing by the time. Most of the time was now spent having fun in the D Hall, making jokes of each other. I became famous for my well timed one liners.

"Oe Garvit." Gaurav said. " I have noticed from a while that you're trying to impress Devyanshi. Isn't it?"
It was a histology class and we were studying a slide of the trachea. I, Gaurav and Dikshit were sharing a microscope.
"No. No. Its nothing like that. " I whispered, making sure that Dikshit doesn't listen. He was busy with the slide.
" Come on. Tell me. I will help you."
"No. No. I have nothing to do with Devyanshi."
"Then it must be Bhavya."
At this I couldn't help but smiled.
"Aaye Bhavya." a voice startled me. It was Dikshit. He was Eva's dropping us.
Oh shit! He had listened too.
"Don't worry. We will help you. You might get a chance at Freshers Party." said Gaurav.
"Let's hope for the best."
Freshers was the next week and everyone was quite excited for it. But the official announcement was yet to be made and a surprise was waiting for us.
"So, your freshers party is gonna be organised next week." Dr. Rajeev announced.
Dr. Rajeev was the second year student and class representative of 2014 batch. However, no one liked him, not even his own batch mates. He was a really rude and egoistic person.
"As it is quite hot, it's not a compulsion to wear blazer for boys but they should put a tie. And girls should wear a flower. That will the unique feature for them."
I was imagining Bhavya in a red saree with her hair straightened, flowing in the air and a red rose elegantly placed over her left ear. Wow, she would look so beautiful like that.
"And this time we are planning something new." My train of thoughts was disturbed by these words.
"We are planning a couple entry." There was a loud noise from the students.
"But the boys are more than girls." someone said.
"That's your problem. We are not gonna import girls from outside. The couple entry is not a compulsory. You can come alone." He finished. There was a great excitement especially in the preformed couple's of the class.
The day finally came. I was in a black shirt and trousers with a red tie. Bhavya was wearing a red saree with hair straightened and red rose gifted by me placed in them. We were standing with our hands in each other's. "Garvit. I love you." she said.
"I always did." I replied. That was the most beautiful moment of my life. Everything seems to be so nice. I wish the time to stop there only. I wanted nothing else in my life.
Just then an elbow hit in my waist.
"What are you thinking of?"
"I love you." I replied.
"What? Have you gone mad? Are you a gay?"
I saw up. It was Dikshit laughing.
"Ohh sorry." I replied.
"Don't think too much about Bhavya and hurry up, otherwise Dr. Aparna will throw us out of the D Hall."
"Yeah. We should hurry."
Half of the lecture theatre was already empty.
"What were you thinking of by the way?"
I said nothing but only smiled.
"Why didn't Aditya came today?" he asked.
"He has got Hepatitis. He is at his uncle's."
"Hepatitis B?"
"The report is not out yet but he is expecting an A. He hasn't got less than A in anything."
We both gave a loud laugh.
"Are you gonna ask Bhavya for the fresher's?"
He asked.
"Yes."
"Then ask during the D Hall."
"No. I am not going to ask in front of everyone."
The fresher's party was the topic of discussion that day.
"With whom are you going with, Devyanshi?" Gaurav asked her.
"I haven't decided yet." she replied.
I gave her a you are a great liar look. No one knew about Devyanshi and Sahil on the table except me and Bhavya, maybe.
The discussion continued on the whatsapp group the next day.
"Have anyone of you decided the couple?" Bhavya asked.
"No." replied Divya. Divya was a boy, his gender is important to mention because Divya is girlish name. He was bald from front at a age of just 18 but had a full grown beard. It looked like he had transplanted the scalp hair on his face.
"Neither me." replied Anita. Anita was a short statured, cute girl with a nice smile.
I looked at this as a chance to ask Bhavya.
"Will anyone go with me?" I asked.
Soon the top bar showed, Bhavya is typing...
My heart was throbbing at this sight. I was hoping that she would say, I will go.
And just then the Bhavya is typing... changed to the name of the group members.
And the message tone rang in the phone.
"Who will go with a monkey like you? 😂😂"