Trampolines (Jacksepticeye)

(Word Count: 1329)

You loved trampolines, but sadly, your best friend hated them. He never really liked them, he was always terrified of them as a child. He said that they reminded him of bouncing death traps, that if you landed wrong you'd snap your neck. You thought it was stupid, but you were too lovestruck to really care. You had developed a crush on him recently, and you really would've loved going to a trampoline park with him.

But alas, he opted to stay home. So you went with your friend Mark, who knew both of you very well. Mark knew you had a crush on Jack and obviously tried really hard to convince you that Jack liked you back, but you knew he was just saying those things so that you wouldn't be sad. You weren't upset though, and you didn't want to think about Jack. You wanted to have fun, so you dragged Mark into the free jumping area, hopping around and laughing. Mark tried to look cool, jumping off of the slanted wall and doing a front flip. He didn't land it, but he did look pretty rad. You jumped over to one of the slanted walls, jumping off of it yourself. Sadly, you didn't have as much control as Mark did and you flew forward aimlessly, your head colliding with one of the uncovered bars. You barely understood what was happening before you passed out.

***

You woke up in your own bed, your head pounding. You were covered in your blankets, nice and toasty, and there was a mug of tea next to your alarm clock. The time read 2:14 in the morning, a time you'd normally be awake for anyway. You sat up, nearly yelping in surprise when you noticed Jack in a chair by the end of your bed, his face laying gently on the duvet. You were shocked to say the least, not sure whether to wake him up or let him sleep. You chose to do the first option, nudging his arm gently. He shifted slightly, twisting his head so that you could see his face. His hair was sticking up in all sorts of funky directions and his relaxed features looking stressed, even while he was asleep. You decided to just let him sleep, carefully getting out of bed and getting him a blanket.

You felt creepy, sitting in bed and playing with the hair of a man that you secretly loved and admired dearly. You felt only a little weird doing it, but the light smile that graced his lips as he slept made it worth while. You continued to play with his hair and make sure he slept well for another twenty minutes before he began to stir. You pulled your hand away from his head, stifling a giggle as he reached up and grabbed your hand planting it firmly back on his head. You smiled, continuing to play with his hair. His eyes opened slowly, staring up at you in slight confusion.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," you said, your own words causing your head to pound. He blushed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh shut up," he said loudly, causing your head to beat furiously with the beating of your heart. "Besides, I wanted to be here when you woke up. You hit your head pretty damn hard." You pressed your fingers to your temples, squeezing your head. You felt like it was about to explode, and that this was the best that you could do to take care of it.

"Will you please stop shouting? My head is pounding." Jack apologized quietly, getting up from his chair and sitting on your bed. "How long was I out?"

"About fifteen hours. You really scared the shit out of us, Mark especially. He called me from the trampoline park and was rambling about how you hit your head and that he had to take you to the hospital. It was really surreal, because he didn't have a clue what had happened. He just said that there was some blood and that you wouldn't wake up." You touched your forehead, wincing at the stitches on your hairline. Jack didn't look up at you, staring at the floor. "So I obviously rushed to the hospital. I was shaking really bad, and when I went to reception she calmed me down a bit. Turns out that all you did was fuck up your forehead and get a minor concussion. But honestly, I was absolutely terrified that it was something worse."

"Jack...I didn't mean to scare you, I know that you hate trampolines but I really didn't mean to-"

"Yeah I know but this is the kind of thing that I'm afraid of. This is why I hate trampolines. Because people get hurt. This is why Mark hates the ocean, because people get hurt. This is just the sort of thing I try to warn you about."

"Jack, I appreciate your concern but I'm an adult. I can do whatever I want, and if that includes going to trampoline parks and fucking myself up then oh well. I know you care but I can make my own decisions. Now, will you please grab me some Advil, my head feels like it's literally spinning." He rushed to your bathroom, grabbing a small bottle of ibuprofen. You popped a few down your throat, taking a couple sips out of the water bottle on your bedside table. You both sat in silence, Jack with something obviously eating away and his subconscious. He held your hand tightly, worry coursing through his veins.

"Hey Jack, I'm not complaining, but how come you're stayed over here? You could've gone home, I'm a functioning adult, I would be fine on my own." Jack smiled, looking up at you with his bright blue eyes sparkling.

"Well, I decided that you'd probably want someone to distract you from the pain, and while I'm probably the loudest person alive, I can be a very calm person. Besides, Mark had work to do, otherwise he would be here as well."

"Well I appreciate you being here for me," you said quietly, squeezing his hand. He stared into your eyes longingly, causing your heart to flutter. "So thank you."

"It's really not a problem. I would be here whether you wanted me here or not. If I'm honest with you, getting the call from Mark that you were being rushed to the hospital was something that was so surreal, I was terrified that it would've been more serious. It made me realize how quick our time on this earth really flies by. I could lose you or Mark at any moment and I don't want that to happen. So I'm going to admit something to you, and if you don't like it, don't let it change anything between us. Simple as that." You nodded, seeing the fear in Jack's eyes. Whatever he had to say was eating him alive. You gripped his hand tightly, anxious as to what he had to say. He let out a deep breath.

"I've been in love with you for over a year. I've honestly kept it a secret because I loved the friendship that we had, but I really can't keep that to myself any longer. You scared the absolute shit out of me, and if that is ever to happen again and you died, I'd never be able to live with myself."

"Jack, if I'm honest, I've liked you for quite awhile. It's really astonishing hearing you actually say that, because I've been dreaming of hearing you say the same thing for a long time, but actually hearing it kinda has me caught in a high." Jack's smile tripled in size, pulling you into a bear hug that he refused to let you out of.

"I really like you, Y/N," Jack said in a muffled voice, his mouth buried into your shoulder.

"I really like you too, Jack."

******
I hope you guys enjoyed reading that tiny little imagine. Expect longer ones later on, and expect shorter ones for if I decide to upload twice in a week. I honestly don't know how popular this will get, so I'm probably going to add about a billion tags. I'll get five imagines up before I start up a schedule, and I'll probably be posting them today and tomorrow. Up next after this will be Markiplier, then I might do another Jack, then another Mark, then I'll probably do a Septiplier, just to show the basics of what you'll get when reading these.

Some of these ideas may be inspired by memes, other people's work (outside of the Markiplier and Jacksepticeye fandoms), and my editor may write a chapter of two if she feels like putting in her two cents. She's better at writing creepy things, so I'll let her take care of those chapters (wow so rude, how dare you). So yeah, I guess that's all I've got to say. See you in the next part.

Happy reading,

Allie B.

And

Yours Truly,

Andromeda Leigh Barnett