Suicide (Trigger Warning)

I totally meant to post this last night but I guess I just...didn't??? My bad. Video in the media is by a friend of mine. Check her out mates

You came home to an empty house. This was unusual, normally your roommate, Jack, would be passed out on the couch, or at least asleep in his room. But no, he was nowhere to be found in the house. Not even your other roommate, Mark was home, but that was normal. He was always out late studying to become an engineer.

As you were leaving Jack's room, you noticed a small piece of folded up paper on his bed. You opened it, beginning to read it.

I should probably say some profound shit. That's what they always do in the movies; experience some shit, and write a profound note for someone to find when they're scraped off of the sidewalk-

You shoved it into your pocket, darting out the door. You passed Mark in the hallway as you darted up the stairs, and he followed behind you. He was shouting at you, asking what was wrong, but he didn't realize what it was until you were on the roof. You scrambled over the gravel on the building roof, Jack not in sight. You turned to the side that the door covered, noticing your green haired friend standing on the edge of the building. He turned back to look at you, his eyes puffy and red. His cheeks were stained with tears.

"Y/N, I know how you want this to go," he said softly, the energy in his voice drained away. Without all of his energetic words and happy tone, his voice was deep and flat, dull to every extent. You could feel your heartstrings being pulled, every muscle in your body wanting you to reach out to him, express your feelings and tell him how much you love him and how much he meant to you. "You want to say some profound and cliché bullshit and I'm going to step down from this roof and collapse in your arms. Mark is gonna start crying and tell me that he loves me like a brother. Everything is going to be peachy." He sneered, his vibrant blue eyes seeming dull and grey in the light of the city.

"Jack...I'm not trying to be cliché," you said desperately, your voice breaking. "We love you. We really do. We've been trying, really we have. You won't let us in. We've noticed that you've been depressed. We've been trying to help. We just need to know how."

"As if you'll be able to help. You haven't noticed that I've been eating less, that I've been sleeping more often, that I've been trying to express my feelings more and more. It's because I'm depressed. Everything about my life makes me upset and I'm tired of feeling like this." He looked down at the city below him. You could see fear twinkling in his eyes; just because he wanted to die doesn't mean he wasn't still scared.

"Jack, please look at me," you said sadly. He continued to look down at the sidewalk below, as though he was imagining what it would look like once he fell. "Seán, fucking look at me." His head darted up, his eyebrows furrowed. Nobody ever called him by his real name, and he knew especially that you'd never call him that. "We cared. We've noticed. We've tried to talk to you. But you're always locked away in your room, trying your absolute hardest to get away from us. You won't give us the chance." Jack looked back down at the city below him, your words sinking into his brain.

"I could listen to you if I really wanted. I could step down from here and we could go back into the apartment and we could sit inside and cozy up into some blankets. We could all just watch some movies, eat some popcorn, relax and talk about what's wrong with me. And that sounds amazing. That sounds absolutely wonderful. But what about tomorrow? And the next day? And a week from now? A month? Would we even make it a full year without coming back to this roof top?" You took a wary step towards him, a good three yards still in between the two of you. Mark stayed back, not wanting to allow his recklessness to lose him his best friend.

"We won't be coming back here ever again. We're going to try harder, but you need to let us. You need to let us help you. We can't rebuild you, you have to do that yourself. Now, get down, or I'm going to be giving you a viking funeral and having Felix take the shot." Jack laughed, tears streaming rapidly down his cheeks.

"You don't need to fuel his ego with that," Jack said as tears began to trail down your cheeks. You laughed with him, sobs breaking through every couple of seconds.

"Will you please get down now?" you asked pleadingly. You put out your hand. He hesistated before placing his hand gently in yours. You couldn't resist yanking him back from the ledge as hard as you could, his body falling over yours. Mark jumped onto the pile as well, tears streaming down his cheeks.

***

Mark had gone to bed. He was exhausted, and as much as he wanted to stay awake with Jack, you all knew he needed sleep. You and Jack remained on the couch, a movie playing quietly in the background. You were holding Jack's hand tightly as he talked, his body still shaking violently from being up on the ledge.

"I just...I felt like nobody cared anymore, as cliché as it sounds," he stated, looking down at his lap. "I've just been going through a lot. Mentally, of course. What, with my sister getting married and me moving out here to LA, it's just been stressful. And there's this girl that I know that I've been absolutely mental about but it seems like she hasn't been noticing my flirting." Despite yourself, a jealous ping went off in your head. You couldn't stop the slight venom in your voice as you responded to what he said.

"I'm sure she's great," you stated, it coming off a bit more impolite than you wanted. You winced internally as Jack smiled.

"Yeah she is. She's very beautiful. She has the prettiest Y/E/C eyes, and the most gorgeous Y/H/C hair I've ever seen." You became slightly confused, realization dawning on you. You couldn't stop a blush from finding its way into your cheeks.

"Oh, well, uh...are you by chance talking about me?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I am. I've liked you like that for a while now. I haven't thought I've been good enough though."

"Jack, you're perfect to me. Perfectly imperfect. Just the right amount of fucked up and I love it. I've liked you for a while now too."

"Well isn't that damn convenient." You both smiled, hold each other's hand like it were a lifeline. He yawned, and you couldn't help but yawn yourself. "Sleepy time."

"Yeah but, uh...will you, uh...w-will you sleep in my room tonight? I just...it'll make me feel better knowing that you're safe." You were blushing furiously. The green haired Irishman smiled, standing up and pulling you into your room. He threw off his shirt and grabbed a couple blankets out of the hallway cabinet, making a small blanket mattress on the ground. You stopped him, insisting that he sleep in your bed.

"The ground isn't comfortable," you argued. "It's nice and cozy on my bed and it's big enough for the two of us. Please?" He smiled as he laid down on the mattress, his grin widening as you laid down next to him. You began to blush, facing away from his shirtless body. You felt his cold, thin arms wrap around your waist, pulling you close to his body.

"Good night, Y/N," he whispered.

"Good night, Jack."

******
I know I've said this once but I'm going to say it again.

If you are depressed or just thinking about suicide, please don't. This community - fans of Mark and Jack and Felix and whoever is reading - we are here for you. I personally might not know you, but if you need to talk, feel free to PM me. I have experience with friends with depression. Andy herself went through a bit of depression a few years ago when her dad left, but she's still here and strong because she had good friends and family to keep her thoughts together. She had a few rough spots, but our friend Meghan and I kept her sane. We listened to her and we helped.

So, if you need it, I'm here for you. Hit me up and I'll be more than willing to talk. If I'm unavailable, message a close friend or call the national suicide hotline at 1-800-273-8255

Anyway, sorry about not uploading last week. School's been stressing me out. I'm on spring break right now and I'm honestly soooo ready to write. This is one of my reserve imagines if I'm honest, because the one I was gonna post wasn't done yet.

Regular uploads shall resume until further notice.

Happy reading,

Allie B.