Unity in the Community

Fan art is amazing. We all know it is. A lot of us use it as covers for our stories. But there are a lot of us who wish they could draw, but can't or our drawings just don't seem to be good enough. Mark has been going out of his way to show off the fan art that his community has made of him. But what about us writers? Some of us can't draw for shit. That's why we write, to show our passion for a creator. It's the same reason why artists draw. Passion. But us writers never get any recognition.

My point is to get a little bit of justice. There are hundreds of amazing things written about our favorite creators. Yeah, a lot of them are kind of weird, but have you seen some of the fan art that's been drawn? I just want recognition for the writers in this community. Because whether some people like it or not, writers are artists too. We take everyday objects or less than romantic moments and we make them beautiful. We take the same 26 letters and a handful of punctuation marks and we make art! Reading is something that can send people to entirely different universe, traveling the stars with astronauts or simply spending an afternoon with our inspirations. Our writing is art and if you're going to take a piece of fan art of yourself and show it off just because it's pleasing to the eye, take our art and show it off because it's pleasing to the mind.

Send me your work of Mark and I will make a video of myself reading it. I will upload that video onto YouTube and I'll leave it to all of you to help me spread the word because I am tired of being written off as weird for spending hours writing about my favorite creators hanging out with some OC when artists will draw themselves hanging out with their favorite creators and be viewed as amazing. We are amazing too and I want it to be known. Tweet me at @AllieBlaine on Twitter using the hash tag #WritersAreArtistsToo and show the world your potential. I've been told time and time again to stand up for what I believe in. Well, you asked for it.

Happy believing!

Allie Fucking Blaine.