Priority - Part Two

(Word Count: 1794)

Jack opened the door quietly as to not wake his sleeping roommate. He had just gotten back from a boss battle on floor 87, and he was wiped. His health was dangerously low, and he was beyond exhausted. He removed his jacket and weapons as soundlessly as possible, wincing as his dagger fell from it's holster and into the ground. It clanged against the hardwood loudly, a sound that undoubtedly woke up his roommate.

"Jack, is that you?" Mark yelled from up the stairs.

"Who else would it be? You've got this place charmed so heavily that not even the devs could find it." The black haired man walked down the steps and into the living room, watching Jack remove his boots. He yawned, an action that forced Jack to follow in suit.

"How did it go?" the taller man asked softly. He wore nothing a pair of red pajama pants, his arms crossed over his shirt torso modestly. His hair was messy, his glasses placed crookedly on the bridge of his nose. Jack thought that he looked adorable, something that he'd never admit to the man in front of him. He blushed slightly, thankful for the dark of the room he was in.

"We won. I got a rack of lamb ribs for you." Mark took notice to Jack's weary tone, glancing up at his health bar. His name showed underneath Mark's, the bar falling just barely into the red zone. His eyes widened, and he rushed into the kitchen to grab a healing crystal.

"You're an idiot," Mark mumbled as he held the crystal over Jack's heart. He could feel himself slowly feeling stronger, the overwhelming want to sleep becoming too much to handle. He tried to ignore the slight fluttering of butterflies in his stomach as the shirtless man in front of him held the crystal on his chest.

"I need to go to bed," Jack mumbled tiredly, clutching onto Mark to keep him from falling over. He felt a bit embarrassed, not caring whether his companion could see the blush on his face.

"Will you sleep in my room? I heard gunshots earlier from the town and-" Jack nodded, beginning to walk up the steps to Mark's room. It wasn't unusual for them to sleep in each other's room; Jack often had bad dreams and woke up from them crying into his friend's shoulder, and Mark was always paranoid about something to the point where he couldn't sleep without someone in the room with him. It seemed that they took turns sleeping in each room.

"But, uh...w-would you mind sleeping in the bed with me? I-it's really cold and I c-couldn't get the heat to work." Jack nodded happily, smiling a small smile as heat rose to Mark's cheeks. Even in the dark of the living room, the red of his cheeks was easy to see. He could definitely feel a chill in the room that normally wasn't there. They started their tired ascent up the stairs and into the room.

"My friends messaged me while I was asleep," Mark stated, shutting the door behind him. He removed his glasses before climbing into bed next to Jack, who was still fully dressed. "They want to meet up tomorrow, maybe even join our party."

"I'm not so sure about that," Jack slurred, barely even awake. "I think we should just leave it as me and you."

"Maybe, but I'm still going to go out and meet up with them. Can you watch over the house?" Jack nodded, wrapping his arms around Mark's waist and nuzzling his face into his hair. He desperately hoped the blacked haired man wouldn't mind how intimate he was being. "Good night."

"Good night."

***

Jack charged at the beast in front of him, sidestepping as it attempted to swing at him. He dodged effortlessly, lodging his sword hilt deep into the chest of the creature. It exploded into crystalline shards, distracting Jack for a moment.