November: What Could've Been [Septiplier]

An unused chapter from my story November. Enjoy.

***Mark's POV***

"Are you ready to talk yet?" I asked quietly, running my fingers through his thick green hair. He shifted slightly, turning his head so that it was facing the other way as he laid against my chest.

"No," he replied. I sighed.

"We can't avoid this conversation forever, Jack."

"I know, but can't it just wait a little bit longer? I don't want things between us to get worse."

"Who says they'll get worse?" He merely shrugged, unable to form an actual response. I rolled my eyes and sighed, running my fingers through his hair once again. He hummed in contentment, the low vibration sending shockwaves running through my chest. It was soothing to have him this close to me. It was like he was mine and I was his, and as much as I wanted it to be that way it just wasn't. And there was nothing I could do about it. I sighed, reaching up and running a hand through my own hair. Jack looked up and noticed how tired I was, his expression changing from curious to guilty. He knew it was his doing that made me like this and he knew how much I was affected.

"I'm really sorry that things are like this," he stated, resting his head back on my chest. "Maria is just..."

"Jack, you don't need to explain it to me. I get it. I just have to know one thing."

"I'll tell you anything."

"Are you just using me because you miss her?" He tensed up, immediately sitting up with a face of frustration and anger.

"What are you accusing me of?" he asked forcefully. I sighed, swinging my feet off of the sofa and onto the ground. I stood up and chuckled at his reaction, beginning to walk towards the hallway. He stood up and grabbed my hand, forcing me to turn and face him. "What's so funny?"

"I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked you a question and hoped you would say no and leave it at that. The way you acted proves me wrong."

"Mark, I'd never use you. I'm not like that. You just don't understand, my parents-"

"Save your excuses, Jack. I'm going to take a nap. Feel free to grab anything from the fridge." He grabbed my arm again, this time forcing me against the wall. He was a few inches shorter than me, yeah, but he was still rather strong for someone of his stature.

"My parents don't know I'm bi, Mark." I was silent. I wasn't surprised to know that he was bisexual, but more so that his parents didn't know. "They think I'm as straight as a ruler. They wouldn't approve of the way I am. They think that every guy out there has a lady for them and that liking people of the same gender is wrong. And Maria...she truly does love me. She's been a good friend of mine for the longest time and I just...I don't want to lose her. I did love her for a time, but after I left she just...she got a bit obnoxious. You need to understand why I'm doing this."

"Jack, I'm not going to deal with this friends with benefits shit. You have to understand, I'm absolutely in love with everything that you are. I can't just settle for what you seem to want." With me against the wall, his body hovering just a few inches away from me, he did what I never thought he would: he kissed me. It was unexpected and he knew how shocked I was. He pulled away and looked me right in the eyes, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks.

"I'm in love with you too, Mark." The words I'd been waiting to hear for six months came tumbling out of his mouth as though it was nothing. His words, as blissful as they were, hung in the air. They seemed to taunt me. He may have said it but that didn't mean he meant it. Anybody could say the same thing and not mean it. He had a girlfriend, after all. He could just be playing me and I'd be none the wiser.